COWDENBEATH 2019-20

Disappointed !!!!!!! gross understatement heads should roll really worried for rest of season especially when loans return to their clubs another season of fighting for survival
Always tricky with a small squad as a single player can make a massive difference. Gordon Smith leaving for Australia and being unable to replace him ultimately caused our relegation that year.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Heard the 2 Hearts players are hoping to go on loan to a higher division team in January. Makes sense but also hope it’s not true for our sake, although beneficial for the players development IF it does happen.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Heard the 2 Hearts players are hoping to go on loan to a higher division team in January. Makes sense but also hope it’s not true for our sake, although beneficial for the players development IF it does happen.

New  one to me mate certainly haven't heard that one  I guess we'll just have to wait & see what plays out 😉

PS Did you get your missing fan?

Good to meet you Alan despite the horrible circumstances with the result lol, id rate Mullen the most improved player with us with Cox, when talking past season & half, hopefully boys see the light & keep positive, is huge disappointment to lose today for everyone but doing well in league and its long road to go still

Edited by SuperCowden

Embarrassing today. Broxburn thoroughly deserved winners and it could have been 4 or 5. 

Bollan got it all wrong today. Switched from a back 3 which the players have been comfortable with to a back 4 with Robbie Buchanan as a right back. Robbie works as a wing back in a back 3 but is not a right back. That meant you had Buchanan and Swann as the full backs with defending not their strong points and Pyper who is a liability. Barr isn't a midfielder - yes, he's a classy defender that can play a bit but he doesn't have the legs for midfield. Thomas was pushed further forward but Renton was still completely isolated again.

Obviously we were missing Mullen and the two Hearts boys but we shouldn't completely crumble when players are taken out of the team. That's worrying.

But we are still sitting second and will have Hamilton and Smith back on Tuesday so hopefully we go back to 3-5-2 and Pyper on the bench.

15 hours ago, Kelheart said:

It does mate still a major embarrassment though either way 🤪

Sometimes you just have to take a defeat like this on the chin, admit the opponents were better on the day and move on from it. The magic of the cup and all that a non league side beating an SPFL one.

We've done cup shocks in the past and had it done to us football would be boring if you didnt have these type of results from time to time.

Broxburn are a decent set up side with a good team spirit fighting for everything, in reality their a LL standard side stuck in the EOSL.

Gutted about the tie over 2 legs, simply not good enough. Hopefully the young lads returning on Tuesday bring that balance back to the team. Does anybody have any idea on timescales for herd and Mullen? Not had the chance to see much of herd but is surely better than what we have, I’ve expressed my concerns about miller and I think the last 2 games have answered that, just isn’t good enough unfortunately. Another concern is the left back area, Swann has obvious ability going forward and attacking but is very poor defensively. Hopefully Mullen isn’t long term but the picture posted looks like his arm was in a cast is that a fracture? 

And having just watched the highlights back, god forbid any of our centre halves get injured because Pyper is horrendous. I don’t like to come on here and slag off players but unfortunately hes not good enough for this level. Always gives full effort and commitment and thought he was actually doing ok up until he gave away the penalty yesterday but watching it back he gets caught under the initial free kick and then has no awareness around him and just wipes the boy clean out. 

9 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

And having just watched the highlights back, god forbid any of our centre halves get injured because Pyper is horrendous. I don’t like to come on here and slag off players but unfortunately hes not good enough for this level. Always gives full effort and commitment and thought he was actually doing ok up until he gave away the penalty yesterday but watching it back he gets caught under the initial free kick and then has no awareness around him and just wipes the boy clean out. 

Ever watched what he does at corners? Could give away a penalty every game.

Gutted about the tie over 2 legs, simply not good enough. Hopefully the young lads returning on Tuesday bring that balance back to the team. Does anybody have any idea on timescales for herd and Mullen? Not had the chance to see much of herd but is surely better than what we have, I’ve expressed my concerns about miller and I think the last 2 games have answered that, just isn’t good enough unfortunately. Another concern is the left back area, Swann has obvious ability going forward and attacking but is very poor defensively. Hopefully Mullen isn’t long term but the picture posted looks like his arm was in a cast is that a fracture? 

Fraser Mullen had a bad accident when cutting logs with a power saw. Saw caught his jersey and pulled his left arm into its teeth. Result was shocking wound and severed tendons,etc. Needed an emergency op to reconnect tendons, deal with major wound, etc. Signed off initially for six weeks.

4 hours ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

That’s why boys frustrated with tactics yesterday. Why not put Allan on, drop Thomas back, allowing Barr to drop back and get Pyper off.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Fraser Mullen had a bad accident when cutting logs with a power saw. Saw caught his jersey and pulled his left arm into its teeth. Result was shocking wound and severed tendons,etc. Needed an emergency op to reconnect tendons, deal with major wound, etc. Signed off initially for six weeks.

That’s so sad. Hope he recovers soon.

The game was tragic. The players let the fans and the club down big time. No desire or fight which is something I couldnt normally label at this team which lets face it lacks a lot of technical ability barring 2 maybe 3 players.  Bollan has to take flack for it also but I aim it more at the players after Saturdays showing.

One to forget about but very hard too!!!