COWDENBEATH 2019-20

19 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

From reading the website it looks like the pitch was laid in 2009 and is a community use facility so gets used plenty.

Maintenance at community use facilities is usually non existent so I think there is a good chance the pitch will be fucking abysmal !

I haven't been there for a few years but guys who were there last season said its like EK's pitch ie fucked with over use.

Making my return tommorow up this Broxburn, never been up the area before, sounds like their locals really fancy this one & will come out and support, im positive we can go there and win , looking forward to it & a trip up Aberdeen for the next round, if we do it, come on the Cowden!

We could have kept playing for another 900 minutes and still don’t think we would have scored. What the last 2 weeks has shown is how crucial smith and Hamilton are, and there are players who are quite simply not good enough. Biggest disappointments for me over the 2 games would have to be cox and Thomas. Thought Pyper was having a decent game until he gave away the penalty, he seems prone to conceding penalties. Apart from mangos effort off the line I don’t recall they’re goalie having a save to make. 

Disappointed. A very good chance to progress in the Cup has been tamely given away. Shame we couldn’t use the Hearts players. I’m thinking this will probably mean they are going back in January. Hopefully it was just an insurance policy by Levein in case they need them (injuries etc).

Said it already this season. We HAVE been poor for lengthy spells in games, but we have been fortunate with penalties and some brief good play has won us the points. Poor teams do win games sometimes. We clearly miss Hamilton and Smith.

We knock the ball about and then just hoof it forward almost all the time. Only Taylor and Swann actually take players on and yet again, Bollan takes Taylor off when it should have been others.

Well done to Broxburn. If we played the game again, we would still struggle do create anything.

I was wondering who was 6th in EoS and who was 3rd in Spfl

Broxburn are 5th in the East of Scotland league and Cowdenbeath are currently in second place in Scottish league 2. Hopefully that clears it up for you. You’re welcome.

Observing from afar though seeing a good few games over the last few seasons, I'm not surprised by that today, considering the Jambos' absence and a previous post from Al stating his concern about the fragility of the squad.

From what I've seen since pre-Cove escape, the team's been on an (slowly) upward trajectory and whilst the league position is encouraging it does seem the team is only a few pivotal players away from being one that looks like a relegation-fighting side as opposed to a play-off pushing one.

I agree with the reliance on tactics by the manager also previously mentioned that seems to mostly consist of lumping it forward and hoping for the best, though whether that's the manager's tactics or players at fault for what he's trying to achieve in training but not transcending onto the field on matchday I don't know.

I think there's definitely a nucleus of a good team in here but I think it might be more a case of bad tactics and bad attitudes/desire from the players, rather than talent, that proves decisive over the coming weeks.

The aim from this position in the league and 'bouncing back' from the cup defeat has to be a play-off finish. Recruitment of young loan players over the rest of the season will also be important and I think by the end of November we'll definitely have a better idea of where the team's actually at/.

Can't wait to get back up for the next couple of games and judge for myself once again..... but, if anything, today has to act as the ultimate lesson going forward for the rest of the season

MON THE COOS

47 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Broxburn are 5th in the East of Scotland league and Cowdenbeath are currently in second place in Scottish league 2. Hopefully that clears it up for you. You’re welcome.

It does mate still a major embarrassment though either way 🤪

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Disappointed. A very good chance to progress in the Cup has been tamely given away. Shame we couldn’t use the Hearts players. I’m thinking this will probably mean they are going back in January. Hopefully it was just an insurance policy by Levein in case they need them (injuries etc).

Heard the 2 Hearts players are hoping to go on loan to a higher division team in January. Makes sense but also hope it’s not true for our sake, although beneficial for the players development IF it does happen.

With the carrot of an eminently winnable tie in the next round,  that was a desperately poor performance.It looked like Barr was pushed a bit forward to beef up the midfield, and he won plenty of the ball without really doing much with it. First half was scrappy, and Broxburn got a break with the penalty. Second half we upped our effort  and had most of the play but never looked like scoring, a couple of goalmouth scrimmages the best we could muster. With far less of the  ball Broxburn looked far more dangerous and were well worth the win. Thought when Kevin saved the second penalty the tide might turn but we just didn't have it in us  The form of quite a few players, Cox  Miller Buchanan Thomas  Renton has dipped. Hopefully we will play our way out of it.