COWDENBEATH 2019-20

Broxburn are a decent team with some good players, I especially liked the number five and the wide left front  man. They were well up for it too, a lot more than we seemed to be. After our great run I suppose the team can be excused a poor performance. We badly lack a ball winner in midfield. Our build up was far too laboured , and we squandered some good positions up front. Barr and Todd were solid as usual and a great finish from Cox but apart from that not much to enthuse about Our habit of getting in front and then sitting back finally came unstuck. But hey ho we are still unbeaten and still in the cup. Quite looking forward to next week actually.

26 minutes ago, gogsy said:

You did

It was Donald Findlay singing it though

Seen Kelty play Broxburn loads of times, never heard anything like that ever. Suspect it would be folk that wouldn't be able to find Albyn Park .

Definitely would have been strangers to Albyn Park. Probably had to ask what colours Broxburn were wearing.

Well done to Broxburn today, they looked decent and were the better side. Having said that, our worst performance of the season by far and hopefully we can’t play any worse next week but that’s no guarantee of a victory.

we are in the draw and that’s the only saving grace from today.

Good Broxburn crowd but the sectarian singing at the start of the match was shameful. I don’t know if that’s a regular feature of their support but the Club needs to take steps to sort it out.

Hopefully no repeat next week.

38 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Broxburn are a decent team with some good players, I especially liked the number five and the wide left front  man. They were well up for it too, a lot more than we seemed to be. After our great run I suppose the team can be excused a poor performance. We badly lack a ball winner in midfield. Our build up was far too laboured , and we squandered some good positions up front. Barr and Todd were solid as usual and a great finish from Cox but apart from that not much to enthuse about Our habit of getting in front and then sitting back finally came unstuck. But hey ho we are still unbeaten and still in the cup. Quite looking forward to next week actually.

Totally agree on those two. The front three caused Cowdenbeath loads of problems and the Broxburn left back could play at a higher level too.

My only worry is that the underdogs generally get one go at these ties.

Next Saturday should be a cracker.

I'm on the committee at a local Broxburn bowling club, plenty of parking, pool table, jukebox and pre match grub if any buses or Cowden fans fancy visiting before the game next Saturday.

A lot of comments regarding an off day but it seemed more than that to me today. It was a lack of effort which stood out for me which was the biggest disappointment. Certain individuals had a poor game but overall it looked as if most had the mindset that we were the better side and it would be a walk over because we’ve won a few games and sit second in league 2. Big opportunity for likes of Allan and Taylor to give the manager a selection headache but failed to do so. In midfield Thomas was very poor and Miller was dreadful. In games like that today it takes one of they players to be brave and try and get the ball on the back foot in dangerous areas, instead Miller was dropping deeper than the centre half’s to receive the ball and then simply play a square ball back to one of them. I think we created 2 chances today which tells t story. Big improvements needed if we are to progress next week. 

You are lucky still to be in it, we played great in every position. A very hard working team lifted by our support. I fear that was our big chance to get to the next round.

Obviously we had a great time, thanks for the hospitality, we all felt very welcomed and hope you do too next week. had a good laugh at your ball boy, a wee character him lol.  A big credit to whoever puts your program together, a great write up on the history of Broxburn. Genuinely linked the vibe about your club, I hope you do well but obviously hope you get beat next Saturday 😆😆😆.

Like yourselves, our stand is a bit away from the pitch, due to mineshafts or something when laying the 3g pitch so you won't mind the view 😉. We have a club inside the ground for prematch and half-time drinks and if it's too busy (probably won't be) there's a bowling club across the road. A decent program (I thought so until I got yours) and a much better pie, but be quick, they will sell out fast. Enjoy your visit next week

13 minutes ago, albynpark said:

You are lucky still to be in it, we played great in every position. A very hard working team lifted by our support. I fear that was our big chance to get to the next round.

I wouldn't go that far. We were poor but Broxburn played well and deserved their draw. I don't remember our keeper having too many saves to make though.

5 hours ago, albynpark said:

Obviously we had a great time, thanks for the hospitality, we all felt very welcomed and hope you do too next week. had a good laugh at your ball boy, a wee character him lol.  A big credit to whoever puts your program together, a great write up on the history of Broxburn. Genuinely linked the vibe about your club, I hope you do well but obviously hope you get beat next Saturday 😆😆😆.

Like yourselves, our stand is a bit away from the pitch, due to mineshafts or something when laying the 3g pitch so you won't mind the view 😉. We have a club inside the ground for prematch and half-time drinks and if it's too busy (probably won't be) there's a bowling club across the road. A decent program (I thought so until I got yours) and a much better pie, but be quick, they will sell out fast. Enjoy your visit next week

Hi pal.

decent post.

can you confirm the kick off time for Saturday? Cheers

22 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I also didn't know we were playing a side backed by Rangers-lite supporters. Did my ears play tricks on me or did I actually hear lines containing 'up to our knees in ****** blood'?

Strange.

I hadn't seen these posts. apologies for this, What I would say is normally we get a crowd of about 100 to 150. Cup fever seen the town get right behind the team. The young team sang that Billy song early on and I believe a quiet word was had in the ears from regular supporters and they seemed to listen and moved on. Credit to them, they made a right good atmosphere after that. I'm hoping it's just immaturity and that's the end of it. They don't get taught that stuff in the BUFC teams

14 minutes ago, albynpark said:

I hadn't seen these posts. apologies for this, What I would say is normally we get a crowd of about 100 to 150. Cup fever seen the town get right behind the team. The young team sang that Billy song early on and I believe a quiet word was had in the ears from regular supporters and they seemed to listen and moved on. Credit to them, they made a right good atmosphere after that. I'm hoping it's just immaturity and that's the end of it. They don't get taught that stuff in the BUFC teams

They were also up to their knees, I wouldn't be giving them credit for anything no need for that pish in a game involving a L2 side and an EOSL side.