COWDENBEATH 2019-20

17 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

We haven't been poor in any of the six games we have won - poor teams don't win games. We haven't always been at our best but that doesn't = poor. If we lose a game/games it's no longer a winning team so the point you make on that isn't really relevant. All the players are making a contribution in their different ways - it's not a case of just picking all the most skilful players and somehow fitting them into your XI. You need strength, blend, power, experience, pace, resilience, leadership and many other attributes to have an effective team.

THIS. For example renton defensively at corners and free kicks against us is a key component of our defensive side (even though a striker) If the squad is fully fit there is loads of options so thats great.

Its a long season and lets face it our first starting x1 WILL change at some point due to injuries/suspensions.. A boy can go out and pull a hammy and he is out 4-6 weeks this is then where a taylor/allan/swann gets their 4-6 week run in team hopefully slipping seamlessly into the tactical set up no bother or a tweak in formation. Wholesale changes are not needed 1 maximum 2 is ok on occassion.However at any level of football continuity is a positive thing. Relationships on the pitch form. E.g Barr/buchanan work well. Archie Thomas and connor smith work well.

Hopefully this fine form continues for when I make my long-awaited (well, eight month) return to Central Park next month. Thanks mostly to the Scottish national team's ineptitude and delays to Virgin trains.

It seems the days of getting up to Cowden n back for just over 30 quid are long gone for me, but having booked Annan away for the price of my refunded Queens Park delayed train ticket a couple of weeks ago, I stuck a fiver on Russia to beat Scotland 3-0 and 4-0 last night, and have just paid for me Cove train next month with the winnings! So essentially two free trips to look forward to next month, and really can't wait to get back up to Central Park in a few weeks now, for what will probably be my only home game until the end of the season.

Also, for that Annan trip I'll be bring along another Cowden newbie (taking us into double figures on the Cowden Reds front)... with an old schoolmate now living in Argentina returning home for a couple of weeks and deciding he'd like to join us for a Cowdenbeath away. From Buenas Aires to Annan. The big daftie.

Mon the Coos!

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

We should be winning this one comfortably. Anything other than a victory would be embarrassing.

I think that’s bold statement. Broxburn will no doubt provide a tough test on Saturday. It’s a massive day for their club and players. I would imagine they will have some quality in amongst there squad who will all be pumped and hoping for a bit of a scalp. I would like to think we can progress to the next round but I don’t think it will be a foregone conclusion. Hopefully the lads don’t approach the game in the same mindset you seem to have. 

19 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

I think that’s bold statement. Broxburn will no doubt provide a tough test on Saturday. It’s a massive day for their club and players. I would imagine they will have some quality in amongst there squad who will all be pumped and hoping for a bit of a scalp. I would like to think we can progress to the next round but I don’t think it will be a foregone conclusion. Hopefully the lads don’t approach the game in the same mindset you seem to have. 

In what way is it a bold statement? We should be beating Broxburn and losing would be an embarrassment. To say anything else is birthday card garbage.

Well I hope the players don’t approach it in the same mindset as me as I’m out for a load of pints on Friday. Fans tend to prepare for games differently to players.  

On 17/10/2019 at 18:53, Muzza81 said:

In what way is it a bold statement? We should be beating Broxburn and losing would be an embarrassment. To say anything else is birthday card garbage.

Well I hope the players don’t approach it in the same mindset as me as I’m out for a load of pints on Friday. Fans tend to prepare for games differently to players.  

Looks like half of them have approached it in the same manner as you. Dreadful Allan cox Taylor Buchanan need ashake!