COWDENBEATH 2019-20

45 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

There’s a real danger of pissing fans off if they closed the terracing. Daftest thing I’ve heard.

Sorry am I missing something here where has the club said it is or consdering closing the terracing ? As I recall I posted earlier to say no such consideration on the stocks and equally cost savings even if it was the case would be negligible  if at all.  

We used to do that. Sure it was a few quid extra for the stand. Think it was before the new stand existed though. That's what the turnstiles at the stand were for I think.
Aye, I recall paying extra to go in the stand many years ago.

Also had a great atmosphere as banging your feet in the wooden stand created a great bit of noise.

The games I do go to these days I'm on the terracing when it's open.

Sitting down in the summer is crap as you get attacked by wasps and in the winter you freeze.

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Sorry am I missing something here where has the club said it is or consdering closing the terracing ? As I recall I posted earlier to say no such consideration on the stocks and equally cost savings even if it was the case would be negligible  if at all.  

No one said they were. IF was the word used.

18 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

No info from the usual Kelty sources. Looks like we treated it as a bit of a non entity. Plenty of local buzz about the new format so a bit disappointing for me.

What is the new format? Can’t say Iv heard anything or any kind of buzz.

Fife cup is a reserve/youth team cup that gets played if the teams can be arsed/ when it suits.

6 minutes ago, big al said:

What is the new format? Can’t say Iv heard anything or any kind of buzz.

Fife cup is a reserve/youth team cup that gets played if the teams can be arsed/ when it suits.

Addition of Dundonald and Hill of Beath plus Kelty last year gives it a bit of a different look. There was plenty in social media when the draw was made.

25 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Addition of Dundonald and Hill of Beath plus Kelty last year gives it a bit of a different look. There was plenty in social media when the draw was made.

Ah right , cheers.

iv been saying for ages should have a Fife cup week in pre season, week before league cup groups. Better than friendlies and create some interest. As it stands it’s just a way of giving guys a game, if the teams get round to playing it.

anyway, 4-0. Get it up yiz! 😜

37 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Training numbers at Kelty was well into double figures as far as I could see.

Looks like Scobbie & Bridey got 90 mins. Good to see Scobbie getting more minutes. Looked good against Gala and just needs game time to be a great signing. Wonder who the trialist was??

Comfortable for us. Didn't think it would be, but could have been seven or eight. Kelty had a few chances and Gus Mitchinson blasted one of the top of the bar when he should have scored.

Connelly looked sharp for us and him and Allan were swarming all over the place. If the first team pressed as well as we did tonight, we would romp the league. Connelly went off at half time after a knock to be replaced by Robbie Buchanan. Or should I say Robbie Bolt! I have never seen Buchanan move so fast. Maybe night-time football suits him better. If he played like that on Saturdays, he would be at a much higher level. Easton looked good in the middle. Barr and Mullen came on with about ten minutes remaining for Thomas and Easton. Swann looked excellent and was driving forward at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, cowden boy said:

Whyte
Sneddon pyper ?? Valentine
Swann thomas easton taylor
Allan connelly

Looked to me like:-

Whyte,

Valentine, Glass, Pyper, Pollock,

Swann, Thomas, Easton, Taylor,

Allan, Connelly.

Subs: Buchanan on for Connelly. Barr and Mullen on for Easton and Thomas