COWDENBEATH 2019-20

😄 Great to see my recommendation of Gary Bollan as manager finally paying off I openly said he was the man the club should go after following the departure of Locke due to his track record/win ratio and nice to see the benefits now appearing to finally be paying off. 

This is what it's all about sticking with the club you love through the difficult and good times 

Not getting ahead of ourselves as each game at a time but we should focus our attention now on grabbing first place 

Great atmosphere around the club just now that we need to continue to build on

Game on

Edited by Cowden316

47 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

😄 Great to see my recommendation of Gary Bollan as manager finally paying off I openly said he was the man the club should go after following the departure of Locke due to his track record/win ratio and nice to see the benefits now appearing to finally be paying off.

You did also suggest Barry Ferguson, Ally McCoist, Walter Smith and every other ex Rangers player who is still alive 😂

12 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

You did also suggest Barry Ferguson, Ally McCoist, Walter Smith and every other ex Rangers player who is still alive 😂

☺ That must have been post Fox and Nish ☺ Bollan was my first realistic choice he knows these leagues well similar to Campbell. 

Great set up just now 

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

How are Smith and Hamilton getting on for you boys?

Both been outstanding! Smith is a cracking technical player and can find the spaces between the lines and has the ability to take players on. I felt Hamilton was a bit rash in his first couple of games and maybe just took him a week or 2 to find his feet as he’s been top drawer in recent weeks, almost playing in a sweeper like position in the centre of a back 3 and reads the game very well, with a decent turn of pace to allow him to cover well. 

Never thought I’d say this as I’ve always been a terrace first guy, but if it saved the club money, I’d be happy to close the terrace for most home games. Especially through the winter months.

New stand was around 3/4 full yesterday and creates a wee bit of noise and atmosphere. First time in a long time I’ve felt a bit excitement, (not including nervous dread at playoff games) and I think being in a busy stand contributed to that.

1 hour ago, StevieLes II said:

Never thought I’d say this as I’ve always been a terrace first guy, but if it saved the club money, I’d be happy to close the terrace for most home games. Especially through the winter months.

New stand was around 3/4 full yesterday and creates a wee bit of noise and atmosphere. First time in a long time I’ve felt a bit excitement, (not including nervous dread at playoff games) and I think being in a busy stand contributed to that.

Deary me mate

28 minutes ago, StevieLes II said:

Telling you man. When you become comfortable with yourself and don’t have to prove your hard by standing out in the pissing rain, it’s the place to be.

Different story in glorious sunshine, but how often does that happen.

😆

5 hours ago, StevieLes II said:

You can take away my freedom, you can take away my money, you can take away my old age pension, you can take away my takeaways - but if you try to take away the terracing I'll put you, your friends and family to the sword in a bloody battle that will be talked about in hushed tones for centuries. Got that, Stevie? 😱

34 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

You can take away my freedom, you can take away my money, you can take away my old age pension, you can take away my takeaways - but if you try to take away the terracing I'll put you, your friends and family to the sword in a bloody battle that will be talked about in hushed tones for centuries. Got that, Stevie? 😱

Excellent Ron admirable resistance.

In all seriousness the atmosphere in the stand was exccellent  with good noise levels backing the team with our largest crowd of the season, bearing in mind Edinburgh rarely bring and real numbers indicates & upturn in home fans numbers as well as neutrals at hospitality. A positive & enjoyable time at the moment still a lot to do but let's see where we get to.

You can take away my freedom, you can take away my money, you can take away my old age pension, you can take away my takeaways - but if you try to take away the terracing I'll put you, your friends and family to the sword in a bloody battle that will be talked about in hushed tones for centuries. Got that, Stevie? [emoji33]

Luckily for me I don’t make the decisions.

Seriously though, I have no idea of the extra costs of opening the terrace but if there is any real savings I think it could be worth considering.

Especially on days like yesterday, which had been forecast to be horrendous all week. Plan ahead. If it’s horrible get it closed off. There must have been 10 people over there yesterday.

As I said though, still love the terrace ‘When the Sunshines’

Closing the terracing would be madness imo and it would put a lot of the loyal guys that stand out there off big time. Especially if the new stand was the alternative. I’ve watched games from there a handful of times and it’s just not a match day experience I enjoy. The old stand is a lot better but nothing beats the terracing. Standing there in the rain > sitting in the new stand for me.

Closing the terracing would be madness imo and it would put a lot of the loyal guys that stand out there off big time. Especially if the new stand was the alternative. I’ve watched games from there a handful of times and it’s just not a match day experience I enjoy. The old stand is a lot better but nothing beats the terracing. Standing there in the rain > sitting in the new stand for me.

Instead, we should maybe charge extra for the terracing Muzz - for the old school authentic Fitba experience!

21 points from the first quarter is a brilliant return for our efforts. Well done to everyone involved with the club. We ended season 17/18 with 22 points in total. In 17 months the transformation on the pitch is quite remarkable. We have Stirling Albion away on the 26th of this month then Cove at home a week later. Lets see how many locals we can get to that game. The team deserve a good backing. Tell your friends, family, anyone. Lets show the club/players we appreciate all their efforts.

33 minutes ago, onecowden said:

21 points from the first quarter is a brilliant return for our efforts. Well done to everyone involved with the club. We ended season 17/18 with 22 points in total. In 17 months the transformation on the pitch is quite remarkable. We have Stirling Albion away on the 26th of this month then Cove at home a week later. Lets see how many locals we can get to that game. The team deserve a good backing. Tell your friends, family, anyone. Lets show the club/players we appreciate all their efforts.

Good post @onecowdenand on the money. Post match with the manager touches on this too the more we can have backing the club who knows what we can achieve but the backing yesterday was fantastic. In the interview the interviewer suggests about 40 visitors from Edinburgh City which I wouldn't really disagree with based on previous figures which suggests 380 home supporters including sponsors & hospitality who were all backing Cowden.

There are no plans to close the terracing beyond where weather creates a health & safety issue i.e. freezing etc. & generally no significant cost savings in doing so. What I would say in line with @StevieLes IIis that given we are now entering pooresr weather it would be great to aim to fill the new stand with home fans in coming fixtures it really makes a difference having a concentration of fans all shouting the boys on, Saturday was the first time I felt that in a long time. However if people want to stand out on the terracing their choice & completely free to do so.

For me echoing Gary's sentiments a lot of hard work he mentions Management , players & board which is true I would also add a number of key volunteers who do  vital jobs week after week behind he scenes quietly without cost but for the love of the club these people  are a huge part of why were are where we are bearing in mind they pay their  gate fee, it would be fantastic if we could encourage a few more people to come  in not to do the key  jobs they do but just cheers the boys.

Mon the Coo.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

• How will I spend the rest of this dark, wet Orkney evening? - Staring at this. Well done to all concerned ☂️
  • Scottish League Two
    Team P GD Pts
1   Cove Rangers 9 16 22

2   Cowdenbeath 9 8 21
3   Edinburgh City 9 5 19
4   Stenhousemuir 9 -3 12

5   Annan Athletic 9 -6 12
6   Elgin 9 0 9
7   Queen's Park 9 -4 9
8   Albion 9 -5 8
9   Brechin 9 -7 7

10   Stirling 9 -4 6

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Instead, we should maybe charge extra for the terracing Muzz - for the old school authentic Fitba experience!

That’s an option I’m sure the board can consider. Personally I don’t feel creating any barriers for fans, when things are going so well, would do any good but I’m not qualified to make that decision.