COWDENBEATH 2019-20

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Agree. Miller is poor most of the time. He gives the ball away regularly and suddenly we are up against it. He also tends to switch the play from an  attacking position to heading back towards our own goals. Our defence and keeper are making the difference. Mango is excellent at this level. We are frustrating the opposition more than anything.

However, we look toothless upfront most of the time. We won't keep on getting penalties. It would be good to see fast skillful attacking players like Taylor, Allan and Smith all on at the same time and feeding off each other. I would also like to see Swann in the midfield area.

If we are to challenge the top two, we need strikers scoring regularly. Saturday will be real test.

Harvey won’t get a game unless someone’s injured but after what Allan did to Edinburgh last season I’d love to see him get a start on Saturday, but can you change a winning team?

Chris Kane is playing for City so we’ve every chance of getting another penalty.

13 hours ago, onecowden said:

We won, again. When we were losing every week sometimes we actually played well. We are winning now whilst sometimes not being at our best. I think that’s a much better place. Just saying.

If you read back my previous post after the game on Saturday I said the exact same thing 

On 28/09/2019 at 17:43, Bluebrazilcfc said:

With the exception of young Chris Hamilton, who was outstanding, most players probably underperformed today and played well below the standards they have set and we still came away with a clean sheet and 3 points.

Impressive stuff, mon the coo! 

You boys are never happy - we have a decent team and squad enjoy it while you can
We're football supporters. Understanding and logical thinking rules need not apply...

Craig Barr, as has been said, is the biggest difference for me. Put him in any side in this league and the defence will be tight as. He's an absolute rock who plays with an excellent level of aggression. A winner and a sexy b*****d.

8 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You boys are never happy - we have a decent team and squad enjoy it while you can

I am more than happy. I would take where we are now quite happily for a good few years. Given our resources, we are doing a great job. However, I think we can do even better with the right line up.

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Harvey won’t get a game unless someone’s injured but after what Allan did to Edinburgh last season I’d love to see him get a start on Saturday, but can you change a winning team?

Chris Kane is playing for City so we’ve every chance of getting another penalty.

You can definitely change a winning team, especially if it needs changing in certain areas.

It's incredible the difference in the team.  I've only been to the Elgin game and we lost 3-0 going on 5-0 and I was critical of the team and the management.  It was a shambolic performance.

However now we have the right loan players and seem to have a system that works. Well done to Gary and the team for getting it right finally.  I've a group of work colleagues coming down to the Cove match at the start of November so if we could keep the feel good factor going until then!