COWDENBEATH 2019-20

3 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

And for what it’s worth I don’t think Allan is a bad player, I think he could prove to be a great impact player for us as the season progresses with his pace. But I certainly don’t see him getting a place in the starting 11 at the moment. And for those who say we should be grateful we still have him etc. Surely you aren’t so naive to believe that if there was any serious interest from teams in league 1 or the championship Allan would still be with us. 

Or anyone else?

13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Keep the team the same as we are doing well.  If things start to go against us then you change the team.  

End of story. Allan is a good player and he will get a chance this season.

If thats the case Cox wouldnt start and Im pretty certain bollan will start his son I mean player.

Didn't realise that the 2 Hearts loan players still get to play in the Tunnocks Cup game against Waterford this weekend.  Hopefully they don't pick up an injury!

Its a development loan so they can still play with hearts 20s they’ve played almost every midweek for hearts since signing.

10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Didn't realise that the 2 Hearts loan players still get to play in the Tunnocks Cup game against Waterford this weekend.  Hopefully they don't pick up an injury!

Aye that's the norm the 2 who are on loan to the Pars are playing as well. Connor Smith has been picked for the Scotland U18 also.

On 10/09/2019 at 12:44, Balloo Brazilian said:

Predictions for this week people? I thinks I'll go for the draw 0-0 or 1-1.

After the default  gut-wrenching torture in  relegation territory, we have a team.  Early days for making predictions, but from what I've seen so far there is a balance to this side, stretching from our gigantic keeper all the way through to the strikers. Not only that, the spirit among the players is evident for all to see. Credit to the management team and the board. Now, if only we could persuade the town...

Unfortunately the town only comes out when we're doing great on the pitch or we find ourselves playing for our league status!!! Not just cowdenbeath slot of local teams suffer the same problems. You will always get the gloryhunters that only turn up when we have success on the pitch unfortunate yes how do we sort it ?? Like cowdenbeath at trying get out into the local community get kids involved let the meet or play with first team!! All you can do to spread the word or why not ask locals what would bring them back apart from glory and success on the pitch there's no Magic wand got to keep plugging away like the board are doing Mon the beath

1 hour ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Unfortunately the town only comes out when we're doing great on the pitch or we find ourselves playing for our league status!!! Not just cowdenbeath slot of local teams suffer the same problems. You will always get the gloryhunters that only turn up when we have success on the pitch unfortunate yes how do we sort it ?? Like cowdenbeath at trying get out into the local community get kids involved let the meet or play with first team!! All you can do to spread the word or why not ask locals what would bring them back apart from glory and success on the pitch there's no Magic wand got to keep plugging away like the board are doing Mon the beath

A lot of good points CLB and suggestions appreciated. I completely  agree involving Kids & Community are key aspects as well as wider engagement. Some initiatives already off the ground with more too come I guess one of the biggest challenges as well as the availability of funds is the availability of people to support initiatives with the boar members pretty stretched. I will try and outline some of what's happening and I guess some of what the club would like to do too  by easy of an update :

• Community work is underway on a Community Trust with the hugely successful 5K run being one of the first big initiatives . There been a huge amount of time spent on this and a complex  process  around   Trust Agreements partnership consents etc. but highly advanced stage.
  • Schools Alex Haddow doing a great job working with all the local schools to get them involved and attending as well arranging mascots. Our community coach Dean Ewing is also in the local schools running sessions too.
  • The Club opened the Andy Mathew Lounge in the stand with the bar now open for the first time in 10 years  available to fans pre match & post match with players in post match giving fans the chance meet building closer bonds. The lounge is available for Hospitality & for match sponsors etc too.
  • Club has created a new Commercial package covering player sponsorship, match & ball sponsorship and advertising. The club has tried to break all the packages down and make them flexible to try & make more accessible to people so for example if someone can't afford to the full player sponsorship they have options starting at boot sponsorship. Also for the first time which has moved to be very popular opportunity to sponsor a step.Details on the club website clicking on the Commercial tab available here.
  •  The club lottery is now available fully on line including a mobile app you can play here.
  • Blue Brazil TV has been ressurected to share highlights , post match interviews & player interviews as well as behind the goals coverage, still more to develop here but the more subscribers the more effective it is you can subscribe free here.
  • New merchandise such as the popular Cowdenbeath.
  • There are a number of other areas being worked on one of which coming soon free public access fast broadband across all of Central Park.

I hope this gives an isight on some of what's ended and what's being worked on suggestions always welcomed too with fans already contributing some great suggestions.

Financing a football club is not easy in this day and age & boards have a free budgets based on projected forecasts so in other words the board has to agree what they think is a realistic and achievable figure to give the manager a playing budget to recruit the kind of players that fans want see & hopefully in turn brings some success, none of these aspects hover are guaranteed. though. 

So in practical terms it means the board has to set targets across all income opportunities and push these to deliver the budget if they fail then there's a shortfall that some one has to cover. If fans are able to  spread the word on sponsorship, hospitality etc that would go a huge way, as would using the lounge getting some atmosphere with fans & players etc.

Also getting friends & family to try the lottery we are getting players now in the USA & Australia which is great.

This is not a post  to say how great the board are or have a moan complaint people are not doing enough it s intended to give some insights around progress & challenges. The club has some fantastic loyal and generous fans whom without there would be no club. Money is tight for every one & I know there are some already giving probably more than they can, that is why spreading the word on some of the opportunities available far & wide hips financially and also spreads the burden too.

Mon the coo

FROM THE COURIER

Gary Bollan hit out at Warriors defender for keeper challenge.

Cowdenbeath manager Gary Bollan has slammed Stenhousemuir defender David Marsh for the “cowardly” challenge on goalkeeper Kevin Dabrowski that left the on-loan Hibs youngster with a fractured cheekbone.

Bollan said: “Kevin is going for more tests, but we already know that he has fractured a cheekbone from a challenge that did not need to be made.

“We were 3-0 up and in the last couple of minutes Kevin came out for a high ball that was his all the way

“However, he was hit with a cowardly and unnecessary challenge that will see him miss out for a few weeks now.

“Kevin is only a young professional and he was hit by an experienced player who would have known that he was committing a foul.

“The fact that David is a former Cowdenbeath player makes it all the more disappointing.

“Hibs have been great about it and will support Kevin fully as he recovers, however they share our frustration at the unnecessary nature of the injury.”