COWDENBEATH 2019-20

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Who are we talking about here?

From Facebook

COWDENBEATH AND HEARTS AGREE LOAN DEAL FOR TALENTED LOCAL LADS

Cowdenbeath boss Gary Bollan today was pleased to conclude negotiations with Hearts and signed two of the Tynecastle club's young stars on loan until the January transfer window. Coming to Central Park are Chris Hamilton and Connor Smith - both of whom are local lads. Chris (18) is a defender and he has played for Scotland at under 21 level.  He lives in Kelty and attended Crossgates Primary and Beath High Schools before going on to the SFA Performance School at Broughton High in Edinburgh.  Chris made his first team debut towards the end of season 2017/18 and also had a loan spell at Berwick Rangers early last season.

Connor Smith (17) is from Cowdenbeath and is the younger brother of Dunfermline's Callum Smith. He is an attacking central midfielder and also a graduate of the SFA Performance School at Broughton High. He was previously a pupil at Broad Street and Beath High Schools. Connor has captained Scotland at under 17 level and made his mark in the Hearts first team with a fine display in the derby match v Hibs at the end of last season.  

We are really delighted to welcome two talented local lads to Central Park and we look forward to seeing them in a blue (and white) jersey. Grateful thanks go to Hearts in agreeing to these loan arrangements for the benefit all parties.

14 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Great news on paper. Let's hope Bollan actually plays them rather than waste everyone's time by keeping their arses on the bench.

Don't think Hearts would be loaning them out if they didn't expect them to get any game time.

Great news on paper. Let's hope Bollan actually plays them rather than waste everyone's time by keeping their arses on the bench.

Why say this - when the evidence is that most loan players do get played regularly when appropriate? Deas, Bollan, Dabrowski, Lennox (who got a run of games),

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

From Facebook

COWDENBEATH AND HEARTS AGREE LOAN DEAL FOR TALENTED LOCAL LADS

Cowdenbeath boss Gary Bollan today was pleased to conclude negotiations with Hearts and signed two of the Tynecastle club's young stars on loan until the January transfer window. Coming to Central Park are Chris Hamilton and Connor Smith - both of whom are local lads. Chris (18) is a defender and he has played for Scotland at under 21 level.  He lives in Kelty and attended Crossgates Primary and Beath High Schools before going on to the SFA Performance School at Broughton High in Edinburgh.  Chris made his first team debut towards the end of season 2017/18 and also had a loan spell at Berwick Rangers early last season.

Connor Smith (17) is from Cowdenbeath and is the younger brother of Dunfermline's Callum Smith. He is an attacking central midfielder and also a graduate of the SFA Performance School at Broughton High. He was previously a pupil at Broad Street and Beath High Schools. Connor has captained Scotland at under 17 level and made his mark in the Hearts first team with a fine display in the derby match v Hibs at the end of last season.  

We are really delighted to welcome two talented local lads to Central Park and we look forward to seeing them in a blue (and white) jersey. Grateful thanks go to Hearts in agreeing to these loan arrangements for the benefit all parties.

Thanks for that. I don't do Facebook.

QUESTION TIME PART 187

Maybe a random request on this forum but there's a slight chance I can get to the game on Saturday, yet it's all dependent on getting some digs on Friday night. I've got a potential last-minute lift up later in in the week and a mate's gaff on Saturday sorted if needs be and really need my Cowden fix after a a near six-month absence.

With my search for that money tree proving futile, and accommodation this weekend proving unjustifiable, I'm going to ask...

Is there anyone who can offer us a floor/spare room/couch/shed to kip in or on for Friday night, and make it possible for me to make my pilgrimage  to Central Park on Saturday?

With this possibly being the only chance I get to visit Fife's Chicago before 2020, I'd be happy to pay for  any hospitality in alcohol and Jamaican cigarettes! 

As me previous post seemed the ultimate conversation killer, and I didn't take the offer of a lift up north for the weekend, ultimately due to work/United-related commitments, I'll move this thread swiftly on...

Expectations for the weekend fellas?

Although still early in the season, surely it's a big three points at stake considering the lack of goals scored compared to red cards, and another tough division this season. Am going for a 2-0 Cowden win (with one away red card and five home yellows)  but with injuries and a threadbare squad, am I expecting too much?

Hopefully the Miners can kick on from here and get a bit of confidence going into the next month or two...

Annan had majority of possession first half today but can’t remember Kevin having a save to make. Todd dealt with nade well and Hamilton looked comfortable in the middle of the 2 with mango who is always pretty solid. Really well worked first goal to get us in at 1-0 a bit against the run of play. Second half was a lot better dominated most of the ball and could have probably had more than the 3. Rents again was excellent, and young smith grew into the game and has some brilliant touches. Hopefully nothing serious with herd the squad is thin enough with Harvey and Allan out at the moment as well. Hopefully keep that up again next week against Brechin, in what would be another massive 3 points already so early in the season, as the league looks like it could be incredibly tight this year. 

6 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

Annan had majority of possession first half today but can’t remember Kevin having a save to make. Todd dealt with nade well and Hamilton looked comfortable in the middle of the 2 with mango who is always pretty solid. Really well worked first goal to get us in at 1-0 a bit against the run of play. Second half was a lot better dominated most of the ball and could have probably had more than the 3. Rents again was excellent, and young smith grew into the game and has some brilliant touches. Hopefully nothing serious with herd the squad is thin enough with Harvey and Allan out at the moment as well. Hopefully keep that up again next week against Brechin, in what would be another massive 3 points already so early in the season, as the league looks like it could be incredibly tight this year. 

Good post mate pretty much agree with all you say. First half Annan pressed hard and gave us no time on the ball and were strong when they were in possession without a clear threat in the final third. We weathered the storm & created a class opener with a cool finish. Second half I think given the conditions Annan couldn't  maintain the energy & pressing game which allowed spaces to open which we exploited well with the goal from Smith who was excellent & the pen. As has been said already Renton outstanding today involved in all goals with an exceptional work rate a very under rated yet in my opinion valuable part of the squad. Speaking to Jordan & Harvey hopefully sooner rather than later and hope herd not as bad as it looked.

4 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Kris Renton was absolutely brilliant today. Two assists and won the penalty.

Hard-won victory. Thought our back line was superb - winning so many  balls in the air and a lot of second balls. We were a bit shaky to begin with, but the more we settled the more we began to dominate the play. We have an outstanding keeper who gives confidence to the men in front of him. Our new signings from Hearts are already making their mark in a positive way. Smith was outstanding and big Kris never gave their defenders peace. The smiles are back at CP - get the word out  - this is a promising side