COWDENBEATH 2019-20

Bollan seriously needs to sort the players discipline out. Beyond a joke right now. Cox has been a walking red card all season so not surprised that it's happened tonight.

Sort the discipline out and we might actually be able to do well this season.

33 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Bollan seriously needs to sort the players discipline out. Beyond a joke right now. Cox has been a walking red card all season so not surprised that it's happened tonight.

Correct, it’s ridiculous and he should be setting an example as captain.

42 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Totally agree and would be a good start coming from the bench setting the example.

Both coxs yellows were stupid back chatting the ref and a reckless tackle when the ball was away from the boy, other than that thoughts on the game. Big Kev in goals some outstanding saves, hearts penalty never a pen for me todd won the ball. Sheerins goal that was disallowed never saw anything wrong the small hearts defender backed into sheerin and was obviously going to get a nudge. Standout outfield would have to be Archie Thomas excellent ball retention kept things ticking. Onto Saturday hope harveys injury isn’t serious.

I like Cox, I respect him for the way he deals with his off field issues and the way he tries to highlight it as much as possible. He's a decent lower league player but f**k me he really is a walking red card. I don't know how much his mental health issues play a part in the way he plays but his energy needs to be used better than leaving the boot in, petulance, chatting back and being a fanny in general on the park. When he's in the mood he's an asset to us. He's no use to anyone if he's suspended for a lot of games.

Getting sent off against a bunch of bairns was something I thought only Chris Turner having a meltdown would do. It really isn't good enough.

Took us a while to get into the game tonight but after the first 20 minutes or so, we had a decent spell and looked comfortable. We came out for the second half and it looked like Sheerin had given us the lead but the referee ruled it out for a push. Hmmmm.

Hearts then took over and were worthy winners. Dabrowski made some decent saves to keep the scoreline respectable.

We might have had a penalty for hand ball but it wasn't given. And when Cox was stupidly sent off, we should have brought Connelly on for Sheerin. Absolutely no point in playing Sheerin up front on his own as the ball was just getting lumped forward and he isn't going to run for it so the ball was just coming back. Connelly's pace would have at least given an out ball.

Sheerin still looks extremely unfit but had a few good touches. Cox shouldn't be the captain.

Both coxs yellows were stupid back chatting the ref and a reckless tackle when the ball was away from the boy, other than that thoughts on the game. Big Kev in goals some outstanding saves, hearts penalty never a pen for me todd won the ball. Sheerins goal that was disallowed never saw anything wrong the small hearts defender backed into sheerin and was obviously going to get a nudge. Standout outfield would have to be Archie Thomas excellent ball retention kept things ticking. Onto Saturday hope harveys injury isn’t serious.

Looked like a hamstring injury - consequence of not having a pre-season perhaps. If so wouldn't expect he would make Saturday. Sheerin's goal looked fine to me.

So far in all competitions this season we've played 7 games.

East Fife - 4 bookings
Hearts - 3 bookings
Dundee Utd - 1 booking
Stenhousemuir - 2 bookings
Elgin - 3 bookings, 1 red
Stirling - 3 bookings
Hearts U21 - 4 bookings (2 for Cox leading to a red)

Anybody know the last time we played a competitive match without a card?

2-1 win over Stirling at the start of March. 17 matches ago :lol: 

Agree with all that’s been said 

cox is a walking red card just now. It could be seen he was frustrated with ref who was shit but petulant diving in when on a yellow just gave the ref the chance he wanted.

The first goal is always important and we scored it. Nothing wrong with it and you can see the ref on the video signalling a goal. Has to be the Lino who has chalked it off but no idea why.

squad is very thin and Harvey looked like a hamstring pull so that’s a couple of weeks minimum. If Allan is a bad one too then we are down to bare bones already.