COWDENBEATH 2019-20

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I think circumstances have dictated how we have lined up so far.  3-5-2 will be used no doubt but with Mullen suspended and no back up to Pyper at the back we tried 4-4-2. 

Played 442 at both LC cup ties I was at.  Mullen left back.

51 minutes ago, NELLY said:

This. Get harvey swann fit and left wing back. Play mullen on right (attacking wise on right limited but it shuffles into a 4 when attacking down left side..

We have the players to play this system. 

Get Allan starting every game even if it means dropping cox. Taylor may have to drop out starting x1 but that aint a bad thing he would be decent when game is stretched and he comes on.

I don’t get Allan not starting. When Renton was injured last season and Allan was playing we were winning games. So far we’ve only scored against East Fife

Dubz 
Pyper/Herd Barr Todd
Mullen Miller Thomas Swann
GT
Cox Allan

That’s the team and shape for me.

Would love to get some steel in for Miller with a loan if possible. A Gary Fraser, TOB type sitter (can Herd do this? Don’t know what like he is though) and that team would be competitive at the right end I think. Pushing play-offs maybe.

With the team and system similar to Saturday we’ll do well to be 7th-8th.

The first x1 aint that bad if played in the right way.. Archie Thomas is the kind of midfielder we need he is creative and is a good passer of the ball. Will get better for us for sure.

Another centre mid and another centre back to allow us to play 3-5-2 more often. Loans obvs..

12 hours ago, NELLY said:

The first x1 aint that bad if played in the right way.. Archie Thomas is the kind of midfielder we need he is creative and is a good passer of the ball. Will get better for us for sure.

Another centre mid and another centre back to allow us to play 3-5-2 more often. Loans obvs..

Thomas looks like he could be a big player this season, think we could really do with another similar player in there with a presence about them and more energy as Miller is very lightweight and not really sure what he brings to the team. Really concerning at the lack of goals scored, especially 0 in the 2 competitive games against opposition from our league. 

11 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Assumed on Saturday that Allen and Swann were both not match fit. Surely they both start in your best 11!? More goals with them in the team I would have thought!

Swann won't be match fit as he would have missed most of pre-season.  Certainly would rather play him than Valentine though but could be a few weeks before this happens at the start of games.

8 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Nothing wrong with Prestonfield as a ground, its just the Lithgae supporters that ruin it.

Nothing against them but poor show that Hearts won’t play at their home stadium.

cant remember which spfl team Aberdeen played at Formatine year or two ago but they turned up just with the players and the coaches.

visiting team officials were left standing watching the game with the fans. Expect Hearts will be similar.

7 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Nothing against them but poor show that Hearts won’t play at their home stadium.

cant remember which spfl team Aberdeen played at Formatine year or two ago but they turned up just with the players and the coaches.

visiting team officials were left standing watching the game with the fans. Expect Hearts will be similar.

Aberdeen 20s have frequently played at Formartine. Why should they play at Pittodrie for this competition when they don’t for the league? 

No issues with this. Would say to anyone thinking of attending to not bother. Donate your £10 to Club 135 instead. 

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Aberdeen 20s have frequently played at Formartine. Why should they play at Pittodrie for this competition when they don’t for the league? 

No issues with this. Would say to anyone thinking of attending to not bother. Donate your £10 to Club 135 instead. 

Maybe, but would been respectful to opposition and competition to at least send an official along to say hello 👋 

11 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I get the sentiment about Colts sides not playing in the home stadium but a proper club in the shape of QP done the samething thing last night.

Hearts played at Tynie last season so is it not just down to the fact that the pitch got fucked by having that concert there on Friday.

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I get the sentiment about Colts sides not playing in the home stadium but a proper club in the shape of QP done the samething thing last night.

Hearts played at Tynie last season so is it not just down to the fact that the pitch got fucked by having that concert there on Friday.

They shouldn’t be in the cup, if they have no intention of taking it seriously 

in fact, they shouldn’t be in the cup !