COWDENBEATH 2019-20

Just now, KierenAAFC said:

Seeing as we’re here, may as well ask the same question about Robbie Deas? Seems like Peter Grant spent plenty time at Central Park last season haha.

It has been expected that Celtic would be loaning Deas to a Championship side with Arbroath being rumoured.  A very good player, Grant would have been watching his son playing for Clyde against us he was there on the last day with Paul McStay.

Deas is very good and should easily cope at that level. Malcolm I always felt there is a player but he doesn’t really have a position. Very versatile and good with both feet but won’t really do much. Tidy looking mother I hear.

Seeing as we’re here, may as well ask the same question about Robbie Deas? Seems like Peter Grant spent plenty time at Central Park last season haha.

Deas. Good attitude and obviously been coached well. Deserves a chance at a higher level. Good luck to him.

So will Cowden be announcing the signing of Gareth Bale before the first game against Elgin or what?

Was speaking to someone in Beath Bargain Store the other day who said he should be unveiled today but still waiting.

If it's a case of getting the financial implications of his contract sorted after the freebie from Madrid, then I went for a piss up a money tree the other day after wandering home from the pub and found a half-eaten pie and a few Iron Brew Humbugs (still wrapped) scattered underneath it. I'd be happy to donate these to the cause if it helps get the deal over the line.

Though if the club's waiting to announce the signing in time for his home debut next week, and the potential of a sell-out crowd at Central Park, then I'd understand that.

But the Cowden faithful demands answers!

Is Gareth Bale signing for the club or what?

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:38, cowdenbeath said:

Luke Armstrong who played with us in 2015 has signed a 3 year contract with Salford City after a 2nd spell with Middlesbrough.

Subbed on after 77 mins today for his Salford debut. Won 2-0.

Thomas injured according to twitter. 
Assume we are 442:
Kev
Pyper Mango Todd Valantine
Buchanan Miller Herd Taylor
Renton Allan
That midfield worries me.

Robbie Buchanan’s work rate impressed me in the Betfred Cup , Graham Taylor struggled against Stenny but nothing was pulling off for him was good other games though , miller and Herd worry me though yeah

I think Buchanan can be more effective than he is. Taylor will be a hit some games and a miss others. More hit than miss I think. Miller needs to concentrate on making simple passes. In general, I think we need to be speed things up a bit. Too reactive and slow to pass at times.

On 04/08/2019 at 01:29, Muzza81 said:

4-4-2 doesn’t suit us. We need to go back to the 3-5-2. Give us more protection in the middle of the park.

This. Get harvey swann fit and left wing back. Play mullen on right (attacking wise on right limited but it shuffles into a 4 when attacking down left side..

We have the players to play this system. 

Get Allan starting every game even if it means dropping cox. Taylor may have to drop out starting x1 but that aint a bad thing he would be decent when game is stretched and he comes on.