COWDENBEATH 2019-20

After a bright start we faded badly. 

Not sure why we didn’t make any changes until the final few minutes. I would have made some with half an hour to go at the latest. 

Heard Sheerin is leaving and not surprised. Unused sub when we are losing and Renton suspended means Bollan is never going to play him.

Disappointing day

started really well, rattled the bar then we disappeared.

not impressed with stenny, they won’t win the league. The centre back was hilarious, every ball in the air, he shouted “win the fuckin header” he never said anything else for the whole 90 mins, even the stenny fans were laughing at him.

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Disappointing day

not impressed with stenny, they won’t win the league. The centre back was hilarious, every ball in the air, he shouted “win the fuckin header” he never said anything else for the whole 90 mins, even the stenny fans were laughing at him.

How can you live being that perma-rattled? 

42 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Disappointing day

Have to agree, stenny are big and physical  and solid enough but won’t win the league with that side.

I know they are in the division above, but I was more impressed with East Fife. Sounds daft when we beat them 2-0 but could tell they have more about them.

The big boy upfront will score a few goals  (Mcguigan?) although the tannoy announcer continually calling him Mr goals is pretty lame.

on the plus side barely any kids in the half of the stand occupied by Cowden fans. 

Edited by big al

Shame if Sheerin departs. He should have been playing today. He is basically a slower version of McGuigan. Some people may not be keen on him, but he uses the ball well and causes problems for the opposition defence. I feel sorry for Allan. He gets no service. We are pretty toothless just now. We seem more interested in trying to get corners rather than set up chances. What is more worrying is that Miller, Buchanan and Cox seem incapable of making a simple pass. They either hit it straight to the opposition or take too long to make the pass.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Have to agree, stenny are big and physical  and solid enough but won’t win the league with that side.

I know they are in the division above, but I was more impressed with East Fife. Sounds daft when we beat them 2-0 but could tell they have more about them.

The big boy upfront will score a few goals  (Mcguigan?) although the tannoy announcer continually calling him Mr goals is pretty lame.

on the plus side barely any kids in the half of the stand occupied by Cowden fans. 

Quite a tear stained post that Al. It's only a dead rubber game mate keep the chin up.

East Fife are a league above us with a far bigger budget I'm not surprised they looked better.

I think you should he focusing on your own gang than the opposition as much. Looking at your squad assembled you are in for a long season. You could even see the dejection of Swann in that video having to sign back on there again.

I assumed Sheerin was still recovering from a head knock which was why he hasn't featured. Would be gutted if he left. I think both these teams will finish in the top half On another day, with a different ref we could have won it. Bollan does seem terribly reluctant to use his subs.

9 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

I assumed Sheerin was still recovering from a head knock which was why he hasn't featured. Would be gutted if he left. I think both these teams will finish in the top half On another day, with a different ref we could have won it. Bollan does seem terribly reluctant to use his subs.

Correct and did us a favour today getting stripped and doing the keeper warm up pre match.

11 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

The ref was poor, but he didn't stop us from being poor. We never threatened. We had a few opportunities, but we were too slow to benefit.

2 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Correct and did us a favour today getting stripped and doing the keeper warm up pre match.

The sooner he is ready to come back the better, if he doesn't leave. 

He definitely seems keen, which is half the battle.

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

The ref was poor, but he didn't stop us from being poor. We never threatened. We had a few opportunities, but we were too slow to benefit.

Of course we threatened we hit the bar twice, Cox''s shot was only stopped by it striking the goalkeeper's chest and Taylor shot the rebound just past.  There were other opportunities created so no way did we never threaten. 

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

The sooner he is ready to come back the better, if he doesn't leave. 

He definitely seems keen, which is half the battle.

Jordyn has a fantastic attitude and is very popular across peers, management, board as well as fans and has done a lot behind the scenes to support the club. In essence he is a top guy whom personally I like a lot.

36 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Quite a tear stained post that Al. It's only a dead rubber game mate keep the chin up.

East Fife are a league above us with a far bigger budget I'm not surprised they looked better.

I think you should he focusing on your own gang than the opposition as much. Looking at your squad assembled you are in for a long season. You could even see the dejection of Swann in that video having to sign back on there again.

I dont think our season will be any longer than yours, both teams season will end on 2nd May.

Neither team will need to bother about play offs at either end of the table.

36 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Of course we threatened we hit the bar twice, Cox''s shot was only stopped by it striking the goalkeeper's chest and Taylor shot the rebound just past.  There were other opportunities created so no way did we never threaten. 

I thought we looked the better side until just before Stenny scored after that we seemed to lose the midfield but we could have still got something out of it before the 2nd goal, 

We had a good first 20 minutes and caused Stenny lots of problems but then Stenny came back into the game and got the goal. The first half was pretty even but Stenny were the better team in the second 45 without being great - they were just better than us and did what they had to.

Valentine was poor and isn't good enough for this level at present. He still looked unfit and should have been replaced earlier. I wonder if Mullen had a knock and that's why he didn't start? Dabrowski had a few nervous moments today but he is still learning - he seems to like coming out for balls but he does drop a fair amount of them.

Thomas had a few nice touches and runs again.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The centre back was hilarious, every ball in the air, he shouted “win the fuckin header” he never said anything else for the whole 90 mins, even the stenny fans were laughing at him.

Munro had a decent game and won everything in the air. He isn't anything fancy but will head the ball all day and we played into his hands - on the few occasions that we got the ball down and run at him, we got past him easily (namely Allan for the shot that crashed off the bar and then Cox when Smith saved with his chest). He organises the defence well and yeah, he shouts a lot but he always communicating with the players around him.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Shame if Sheerin departs. He should have been playing today. He is basically a slower version of McGuigan.

No he shouldn't and no he's not.

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We had a good first 20 minutes and caused Stenny lots of problems but then Stenny came back into the game and got the goal. The first half was pretty even but Stenny were the better team in the second 45 without being great - they were just better than us and did what they had to.

Valentine was poor and isn't good enough for this level at present. He still looked unfit and should have been replaced earlier. I wonder if Mullen had a knock and that's why he didn't start? Dabrowski had a few nervous moments today but he is still learning - he seems to like coming out for balls but he does drop a fair amount of them.

Thomas had a few nice touches and runs again.

Munro had a decent game and won everything in the air. He isn't anything fancy but will head the ball all day and we played into his hands - on the few occasions that we got the ball down and run at him, we got past him easily (namely Allan for the shot that crashed off the bar and then Cox when Smith saved with his chest). He organises the defence well and yeah, he shouts a lot but he always communicating with the players around him.

No he shouldn't and no he's not.

I would agree about Munro easy meat for the boy giving him high balls into the box and also marshall's the defence well.

Wasn’t impressed with what I saw today, constantly playing high balls to cox and allan when Stenhousemuir have two physical centre backs that moped up everything. Valentine less said about him the better nothing positive from his performance. Stenhousemuir the better team and deserved to win no doubt about it but some of the decisions from the ref were questionable, keeper had his hands round cox’s throat but only a yellow? Allan kicked off the ball ref see’s it but still only a yellow? Onwards and upwards next week.