COWDENBEATH 2019-20

4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

It doesn't matter.  Both sets of teams do it every game and it's not worth getting upset about.  

Yes they do and until it actually resulted in a goal for the opposition it didn’t bother me that much. Might as well say throw ins can be taken wherever players want to take them. Free kicks too.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

It doesn't matter.  Both sets of teams do it every game and it's not worth getting upset about.  

its all about the ref setting his stall out,if the ref tells players to take from a place and they ignore him&he lets them off with it,theyll take the piss everywhere else on the pitch too.

Edited by highlandcowden

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes they do and until it actually resulted in a goal for the opposition it didn’t bother me that much. Might as well say throw ins can be taken wherever players want to take them. Free kicks too.

Well no that's just nonsense.  However a player moving 4 or 5 yards along the touchline isn't going to make much of a difference if your defence is organised.

I won't even comment on the free kick bit.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

Well no that's just nonsense.  However a player moving 4 or 5 yards along the touchline isn't going to make much of a difference if your defence is organised.

I won't even comment on the free kick bit.

The whole point was that it wasn't four or five yards. More like twenty!  I'd never seen anyone getting away with something like that and if we had not lost a goal at that point it would have been long forgotten.

If you were there, saw it and it doesn't bother you, that's OK. 

Better just leave it at that.

Full back a big concern for me. We allow far too many crosses into the box and generally struggled with cross balls tonight. Another game we worked hard though. 
I still don’t see us being a 442 team. 

Still we are in a better place at the start of this season than the two previous. The game against Stenny next week is more of a gauge. I’m hopeful we could be fighting at the right end of the table this year. Fingers crossed.