COWDENBEATH 2019-20

What's happened to Robbie Deas? Thought he was going on loan to Arbroath.

Hear we are in for some loans from Celtic but doubt he's one now after signing Wilson. Dunno if there would've ever been anything to it either Ricky Little and ToB wouldn't be getting split up

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hear we are in for some loans from Celtic but doubt he's one now after signing Wilson. Dunno if there would've ever been anything to it either Ricky Little and ToB wouldn't be getting split up

Looks like Arbroath don’t need any more defenders. Take him at Cowden tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The limited edition top is a must have !

btw I watched the east fife highlights, looks like the ref hasn’t read the new rules on penalties. The keeper half a yard off his line when Jordan Allan kicked the ball.

The rule hasn’t really changed too much, the only outcry is because of VAR’s enforcement of it. We won’t see any difference at lower league level aside from exceptional circumstances.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I  heard maybe Raith.

10 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

The rule hasn’t really changed too much, the only outcry is because of VAR’s enforcement of it. We won’t see any difference at lower league level aside from exceptional circumstances.

agreed,the refs will continue to enforce what they want and ignore what they want as they always have done

8 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

agreed,the refs will continue to enforce what they want and ignore what they want as they always have done

Throw-ins are a joke , especially at our level. Not unusual for players to steal 15-20 yds, fans will make noises , the refs tell the players to go back,then the players just go back to where they want. Meantime the linesperson does hee haw.

Good article in the programme on Tuesday explaining the Harvey Swann situation in full and answering the questions I and others no doubt have had. It doesn't look like Harvey will be coming back which is a shame, as the left back position looks up for grabs. Other than that the new signings are shaping up well and if our key players can stay injury free, and we don't pick up too many suspensions(Mullen  wasted no time in getting his card collection underway), then I don't see any reason why we can't challenge at the right end of the table.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s the same for both teams though. In the grand scheme of things stealing 10 yards on a throw in your own half is pretty irrelevant and not worth getting worked up about. 

Doesn't make it right though and some teams are much worse than others. 

1 minute ago, iateallthepies said:

Good article in the programme on Tuesday explaining the Harvey Swann situation in full and answering the questions I and others no doubt have had. It doesn't look like Harvey will be coming back which is a shame, as the left back position looks up for grabs. Other than that the new signings are shaping up well and if our key players can stay injury free, and we don't pick up too many suspensions(Mullen  wasted no time in getting his card collection underway), then I don't see any reason why we can't challenge at the right end of the table.

Another big defender would be good.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

If Harvey Swann is unlikely to play again for Cowdenbeath, what'll happen to him? Will he move elsewhere this summer?

Surely you will need to ask Harvey Swann that. He is not a signed Cowdenbeath player.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

What did it say about his reason(s) for not wanting to sign with Cowden?

4 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Nothing. But it does say the manager, chairman and others have tried to contact him but he's not answering. Don't know what else we can do.

Ok, cheers.

If true, he’s not helping himself either then.

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

If Harvey Swann is unlikely to play again for Cowdenbeath, what'll happen to him? Will he move elsewhere this summer?

I'd doubt that the clubs who could afford the standard compensation would be interested in Swann. They probably have much better in their youth ranks already.  He wasn't as good as some folk on here make out.