COWDENBEATH 2019-20

Hope there is a very good uptake on the strip. There has clearly been a lot of work gone into securing this, bespoke designs at our level cant be easy, so I really hope people do purchase one to show support for what the club has done.

I will definitely be getting one, haven't bought a strip in a while.

Team did well, battling hard and played alright especially 2nd half.

Good workout for the fitness and no shame to lose 2-0 to a top 6 premier team.

the keeper, Barr, Thomas and Renton were excellent although everyone had decent performances and contributed.

Best I have seen big Renton.

only disappointment for me is only giving the 2 subs a few minutes.  Would have given them a longer run out, especially Allan. While Cox and Renton battled away, neither has any pace and we were crying out for a change upfront earlier.

Same as Saturday, we badly need a left back although again Mullen has a good game but it’s not his fault we don’t get his overlapping or general attacking play when he’s stuck on the left.

Fitter team won, as you would expect. A bit embarrassing from Hearts diving for penalties against a League 2 team. Referee utterly clueless as per usual.

Is Allan not fully fit? 

6 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Wonder how shirt sales went today, picked up the home one myself real stunner in person

Seemed to go well looking at the number of folk coming out of the shop and folk going about in them. Good to see a few young fans with the new top need to get the young fan base built up again.

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Team did well, battling hard and played alright especially 2nd half.

Good workout for the fitness and no shame to lose 2-0 to a top 6 premier team.

the keeper, Barr, Thomas and Renton were excellent although everyone had decent performances and contributed.

Best I have seen big Renton.

only disappointment for me is only giving the 2 subs a few minutes.  Would have given them a longer run out, especially Allan. While Cox and Renton battled away, neither has any pace and we were crying out for a change upfront earlier.

Same as Saturday, we badly need a left back although again Mullen has a good game but it’s not his fault we don’t get his overlapping or general attacking play when he’s stuck on the left.

I agree with most of this, except the Renton bit. I genuinely don't like having a dig at players and he is a nice guy, but he offers no threat whatsoever, certainly the way he is played anyway. He made one run at the keeper and forced him to knock the ball out. I really struggle to remember any matches where he has actually shot at goal and he is supposed to be a striker. If that's the best you have seen from him, then that says it all. I feel sorry for Cox, because he usually has to chase lost causes and then gets frustrated.

Edited by PELE

Losing 2-0 to Hearts isn't too bad, but it is still frustrating that we didn't really threaten them. Personally, I would have had Cox, Allan and Sheerin on and had a go at them. We sat too deep and they simply knocked it past us anyway. I would rather have a real go and take the risk of a bad loss in the hope that the tactic works occasionally and we get the odd shock result. 

Even though Hearts were nothing special, it could easily have been a heavy defeat if it was not for Dabrowski.

25 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Seemed to go well looking at the number of folk coming out of the shop and folk going about in them. Good to see a few young fans with the new top need to get the young fan base built up again.

Yeah. I have never seen so many new shirts on the day of release and as you say, lots of younger fans wearing them.

I’m not going to comment on our performance as we won’t be playing Premier League teams every week (thankfully). We were easily second best but our keeper was excellent all night and had a few really good saves. One in particular was point blank and top drawer. He looks a unit and will save us a few points this season.

Losing 2-0 to Hearts isn't too bad, but it is still frustrating that we didn't really threaten them. Personally, I would have had Cox, Allan and Sheerin on and had a go at them. We sat too deep and they simply knocked it past us anyway. I would rather have a real go and take the risk of a bad loss in the hope that the tactic works occasionally and we get the odd shock result. 
Even though Hearts were nothing special, it could easily have been a heavy defeat if it was not for Dabrowski.

Sheerin has 5 metal staples in his head and couldn't come on - Allan was carrying a little knock

10 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Sheerin has 5 metal staples in his head and couldn't come on - Allan was carrying a little knock

I guessed Allan was, as he has not featured too much in recent games.

Sheerin is a machine. I could picture him ripping the staples out and running on to terrify the Hearts defence.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Sheerin is a machine. I could picture him ripping the staples out and running on to terrify the Hearts defence.

Why are you so obsessed with Jordyn Sheerin? He's not the player that you are described, he's unfit and shouldn't be anywhere near the team in his current condition. 

The Hearts defence would laugh at him if he came in. 

To say Renton didn’t have a decent game last night is very unfair.

He worked really hard, won headers, closed down centre half’s and got the ball back a few times, used the ball keeping possession regularly and brought others into play.

He is playing against 1 of the biggest clubs in the country with international players. We are under the cosh at times and hardly dictating play so I have no idea what else is expected of him.