COWDENBEATH 2019-20

39 minutes ago, big al said:

2 good goals and a shame Jordyn didn’t convert the penalty he won.

There’s a bit more football in the midfield this season which is pleasing to see.

Still some issues with the team but they worked hard and defended well.

Whoever was criticising the keeper on here after his first game, think you jumped the gun. Had a solid and decent game, especially for a young guy.

Ali

100% this, last week a young boy making his debut with players he hardly knew up against a a very useful Airdrie side and people had him condemed. 

72 Hours later at Raith pulls off a couple of quality saves and a solid game. Today clean sheet solid all game with one blubber near the end where he spilled one but defence cleared up. I would add he is a really nice guy &  great character desperate to learn.

I'm not saying the boys a super star but lets at least give him and the other signings a chance, as you say as well a more football getting played in the middle than in the past, and yes work in progress.

58 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Ali

100% this, last week a young boy making his debut with players he hardly knew up against a a very useful Airdrie side and people had him condemed. 

72 Hours later at Raith pulls off a couple of quality saves and a solid game. Today clean sheet solid all game with one blubber near the end where he spilled one but defence cleared up. I would add he is a really nice guy &  great character desperate to learn.

I'm not saying the boys a super star but lets at least give him and the other signings a chance, as you say as well a more football getting played in the middle than in the past, and yes work in progress.

Replacing McGurn was never going to be easy, but no problems for him today. No failures, not sure about Renton though.

Buchanan deserved mom.

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Replacing McGurn was never going to be easy, but no problems for him today. No failures, not sure about Renton though.

Buchanan deserved mom.

Renton first half outstanding faded second.  Bert did well and desreved MOTM but a few chasing which is always good to see. 

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Ali

Keeper looked decent today, happy with him.

First 11 today obvious weaknesses are lack of pace in attack, and the full back situation. Mullen did alright considering he’s a right sided player put in at left back but we are not going to get much going forward from the 2 full backs areas  with that team.

Great result though. East Fife have some useful players.

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Keeper looked decent today, happy with him.

First 11 today obvious weaknesses are lack of pace in attack, and the full back situation. Mullen did alright considering he’s a right sided player put in at left back but we are not going to get much going forward from the 2 full backs areas  with that team.

Great result though. East Fife have some useful players.

Ali

Yes

Having to play Mullen LB not ideal & seeing him booked after a minute had me concerned.

I think once Taylor gets match fit he will bring pace a highly valued commodity at this level. The three games I have seen first impression is we can create a threat but need to be tight at the back and IMHO Mango a ig part to play there with some solid performances so far