COWDENBEATH 2019-20

I personally don’t ever see us realistically challenging under Bollan, too negative and too much hoofball.

I also don’t see us being in serious bother under him bar an outrageous bit of bad luck with injuries etc.

The conundrum does then become stick and be happy with constant 5th-8th’s, or twist and risk the worst.

On 06/07/2019 at 23:17, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

When I seen sheer in warming up I actually thought it was a guy who's won a raffle and the prize was a place on the bench for a friendly. I've seen big units play in the lower leagues, but he really is some size.

Anybody who thinks Sheerin doesn't contribute much should read the quotes by Cove defenders in the Evening Express. Still counting the bruises apparently.

The big question I have re Swann - what happened after Stenny deal fell through? Did Harvey contact Cowden to say he wanted to re-sign or has he got some other irons in the fire? 

There are no trialists allowed in the Betfred Cup so you need to have signed players - the manager can’t really just wait for weeks on end to sign players offered a deal. The club can't sit around waiting for Swann.

50 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

The big question I have re Swann - what happened after Stenny deal fell through? Did Harvey contact Cowden to say he wanted to re-sign or has he got some other irons in the fire? 

There are no trialists allowed in the Betfred Cup so you need to have signed players - the manager can’t really just wait for weeks on end to sign players offered a deal. The club can't sit around waiting for Swann.

Hes a young lad does he have representation.. ? if he is a free agent and not even training with us. Why arent we making the first steps.. Text him call him. Say look come in today and lets sit down and discuss. Then if he wants to move explain the repercussions of if no one is willing to pay compensation for him he will be out of football for a while unless he plays amateur for someone..

He needs help and advice and as a club we should support him through a difficult period. Even if he wants to go (which I dont blame) perhaps as a club we should morally say ok lets lower our compensation offer to x or y when it was z before... Maybe more teams would be interested then.

3 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Hes a young lad does he have representation.. ? if he is a free agent and not even training with us. Why arent we making the first steps.. Text him call him. Say look come in today and lets sit down and discuss. Then if he wants to move explain the repercussions of if no one is willing to pay compensation for him he will be out of football for a while unless he plays amateur for someone..

He needs help and advice and as a club we should support him through a difficult period. Even if he wants to go (which I dont blame) perhaps as a club we should morally say ok lets lower our compensation offer to x or y when it was z before... Maybe more teams would be interested then.

I can guarantee 100% that the club will have tried to contract Harvey. Why wouldn't we? We offered him a contract so wanted to keep him and I'd be surprised if that had changed.

28 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Trialist playing for us, wearing the number 8 shirt. Anyone any ideas? Herd and Valentine listed.

Buchanan is number 8. Trialist is 10. Looks like Christian Eriksen and we should definitely sign him. Easily our best player tonight.

Edited by PELE

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

Buchanan is number 8. Trialist is 10. Looks like Christian Eriksen and we should definitely sign him. Easily our best player tonight.

Raith’s teamsheet obviously wrong then.