COWDENBEATH 2019-20

The pitch was/is massive and for how Bollan likes to play especially defensively a tighter pitch (CP) Is much better.

3 At the back will work well with Pyper/Todd/Barr we need another centre half I think. Defo need a left sided player 100% and another goalkeeper but it appears we will put our faith in the young hibs gk.... eeek...

I think like for like what has went out and came in doesnt match for better quality from what ive seen very little of.

Mcgurn out - young lad in. Mcgurn better 

Fraser out - Herd in - Fraser better

Malcolm out - Thomas in - 50-50 on this.

Talbot/swann out (should swann move on) - valentine in - 100% swann is way better than Valentine.

Barr will be our best signing by far.

15 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:
1 hour ago, PELE said:
Is Swann likely to play for us.

Genuinely hope so. I honestly think with the right advice and support from coaching staff he can be our best player and move on to better things.

Me too. With a bit more confidence and improved fitness he could play at a much higher level. Be a waste if we don't play him, for Harvey and us.

19 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

He isn't a signed Cowdenbeath player - we cant play him

Is he free to go anywhere? Or, are we due compensation if he signs with another team?

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Is he free to go anywhere? Or, are we due compensation if he signs with another team?

Just now, Muzza81 said:

We are due compensation - hence why he didn’t sign for Stenny.

Due compensation if joins any other club on a professional contract  in Scotland

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Due compensation if joins any other club on a professional contract  in Scotland

How long does that apply? I can see big spending Kelty snapping him up.

5 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:
Rest of this season and next season

So if no-one wants to pay the deserved compensation he could be out of football for 2 seasons? That's a tough one for him but surely someone will come in for him or he ends up back at Central Park.

It would be good if it was the latter.

23 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

I presume Swann has been offered a contract. Having nearly signed for Stenny perhaps he feels awkward about  're- signing  but surely it would be in the club's interest to make the first move. We don't have many left sided players.

My understanding is that he has been offered a contract. Otherwise we wouldn't be due compensation if he moved elsewhere. So he can accept the contract or hope someone whim pay us the small fee him.

Surely it’s in everyone’s interests if Bollan sits down with Swann and sorts this out. A stand off like this helps nobody and hurts Swann the  most but also the club.

Work out together how to help Swann regain a place in the team. Get him in love with playing again if that’s faded, it can’t be that hard nurture a lad who can play a bit. If there’s been any issues between them then fresh slate and start again. Spell out what is expected of him and work together to get him playing again. 

Hes good enough to play for us, and we have given him a chance in football over a period of time now so he owes to knuckle down if nobody else signs him and Bollan owes him a fresh start.

Edited by big al

I would usually side with the club on this but for this instance I am not. The player clearly doesnt fit in with Bollans plans. I assume the club has offered a contract to protect them and be due compensation.

The player wants to move. The manager although will say the right things clearly doesnt want to play him week in week out. The player is a young lad who just wants to play. Its a real catch 22 and if the club stays firm harvey will have no choice but to sign another contract with club so he can continue to train and play the odd game.

If I was harvey I would sign with cowden and ask he be loaned somewhere to keep playing and be brought back for emergencies. Hopefully loan club can pay his wages. Then if he does well at another club others wouldnt be put off paying compensation a year down the line.

Swanns development is being curtailed here no doubt. He should work harder and be better but if you are in an environment where you feel its difficult with the manager and the embarrasment of the stenny episode the young lad is clearly low on confidence. 

We need to support him here best we can.

New post for all fans. Realistic ambitions for the season.. What should they be? Promotion/Title/play offs/ mid table security?

I personally think this league wont be as good as last year and we have a better chance overall of finishing higher up. I think anything less than 4th is a bad season for us.

Dont think we are strong enough for a title charge but certainly being 2-3rd or 4th is achievable.

To be realistically challenging for the promotion playoffs would do me. There doesn’t look to be much of a difference in a lot of sides and all will have similar aspirations so it should be a pretty entertaining league. You would only really say that Edinburgh City not winning the league would be considered a failure, any other club (even Cove) would take the playoffs I reckon. 

I'd like to think that we'll be top half this season but it's too early to accurately predict. Loan signings will be crucial for us.

Nobody is anywhere near as strong as Edinburgh City currently while clubs like Brechin, Cove and Queens Park are still a bit unknown - Cove will fancy top 2 though.  Stenhousemuir will be top 4. Stirling will be close to them. Elgin too if Sutherland bothers his arse. Annan always good.

I imagine we'll be above Albion Rovers but that's it!