COWDENBEATH 2019-20

25 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

shame we no longer do the half-season ticket books anymore ,theyre handy for folks that live a distance away and/or work weekends too

These normally come on for the Xmas market and has done past few seasons. I guess the issue you have is not able to commit to either first half or second half of season with half seasons traditionally covering second half of the season. If I understand correctly you are looking at a half season that spans both halves?

24 minutes ago, PELE said:

You could have a ticket which allowed you to attend nine home games and you could pick any nine home games.

I suppose I’m maybe in a different position from a lot of fans, but I’m not bothered if I attend 0, 1 or 18 games. I just look at a season ticket as helping the club out financially no matter how many games I attend.

16 minutes ago, big al said:

Not a great business model.

It is if you sell more tickets. Not everyone can attend all the matches and they don't buy a ticket because of this.

38 minutes ago, PELE said:

It is if you sell more tickets. Not everyone can attend all the matches and they don't buy a ticket because of this.

But then maybe some  folk who buy a full season ticket would just buy a half season ticket and thus the club would have less money

Edited by Cowden Cowboy
word change

26 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But then maybe some  folk who buy a full season ticket would just buy a half season ticket and thus the club would have less money

Possibly, but I think they would still buy the full season ticket.

7 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

So why give them the option?

I think it’s a valid enough point. We do seem to have a small local support base and a lot of people spread far and wide that attend anywhere between 5-10 home games a season. It could capitalise on that market but I can’t imagine there is much demand and there isn’t a fortune to be made (club) or saved (fan).

I think it’s a valid enough point. We do seem to have a small local support base and a lot of people spread far and wide that attend anywhere between 5-10 home games a season. It could capitalise on that market but I can’t imagine there is much demand and there isn’t a fortune to be made (club) or saved (fan).

Many people who only attend some of the games buy a season ticket in order to help the club. Most games about 40 season ticket holders aren't at the match.

10 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

These normally come on for the Xmas market and has done past few seasons. I guess the issue you have is not able to commit to either first half or second half of season with half seasons traditionally covering second half of the season. If I understand correctly you are looking at a half season that spans both halves?

we used to do them-you could buy them at the start of the season,they were just season books with half the vouchers removed,think they stopped when we got into the championship.

I live a distance away,i work weekends  and im not rolling in money so ill not be buying a full season ticket book, some seasons it seems I only get to away games due to the weekends on thing,just how the fixtures fall

we used to do them-you could buy them at the start of the season,they were just season books with half the vouchers removed,think they stopped when we got into the championship.
I live a distance away,i work weekends  and im not rolling in money so ill not be buying a full season ticket book, some seasons it seems I only get to away games due to the weekends on thing,just how the fixtures fall

I don't recall these at all. Yes we might have had half season tickets where a full season ticket had vouchers 1-9 or 10-18 are torn out (we still do that in December when we remove 1-9 from books and sell them then). But not aware of any tickets being sold where you could just choose 9 out of 18 at random and you would need to know in advance what 9 games you were attending to do that

57 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I don't recall these at all. Yes we might have had half season tickets where a full season ticket had vouchers 1-9 or 10-18 are torn out (we still do that in December when we remove 1-9 from books and sell them then). But not aware of any tickets being sold where you could just choose 9 out of 18 at random and you would need to know in advance what 9 games you were attending to do that

there were because I bought them for a couple of seasons, I wouldn't have bought a post December one for the same reasons as I wouldnt buy a full season ticket

35 minutes ago, big al said:

Surely if you are going to 9/10 games a season and don’t want to buy a whole season book, you just pay in at the turnstile when you can make it?

is that not how it works?

theres no logic in this conversation. 

that's certainly what I do now but was happy to pay some cash upfront.cowden usually got the better of the deal as id usually a couple unused

None of us are rolling in cash. What’s important though is that people do buy season tickets to support the club if they can afford it in order to keep the club running. It’s surely an investment in our shared future support of the club beyond any normal purchase. It’s a bit wrongheaded to be thinking about getting the ‘better of the deal’ and if that’s the case, then fine, then clearly you won’t be considering any season ticket options. Nothing wrong with paying at the turnstiles at all.