COWDENBEATH 2019-20

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 21:31, The Blue Brasilion said:

Mad dogs revenge assault on Fanny Paddery

That was memorable as Flannery spent all his time trying to avoid meeting up with him again after he went over the ball to Keith at Boghead.  It looked as though Keith had a broken leg but that didn't stop him getting up on one leg and hopping around the pitch trying to get hold off Flannery who ran for his life.  It took a wee while but Keith got him back at Central Park.  The other Dumbarton classic I recall is when one of their players lobbed the ball back to their goalie Kenny Meechan.  There was a bit of pace on it and when it bounced he tried to head it away but only succeeded in heading it into his own net. 

11 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That was memorable as Flannery spent all his time trying to avoid meeting up with him again after he went over the ball to Keith at Boghead.  It looked as though Keith had a broken leg but that didn't stop him getting up on one leg and hopping around the pitch trying to get hold off Flannery who ran for his life.  It took a wee while but Keith got him back at Central Park.  The other Dumbarton classic I recall is when one of their players lobbed the ball back to their goalie Kenny Meechan.  There was a bit of pace on it and when it bounced he tried to head it away but only succeeded in heading it into his own net. 

For some reason I was thinking it was at Cliftonhill Flannery wiped out Keith. 

That was the best part of that game Meechan o.g,lol.

Cowdenbeath, meanwhile, are hopeful of re-signing Jordan Allan after Hibs ended their interest in the 20-year-old striker.

Former Airdrie and Wolves player Allan had been on trial with Hibs as he looked to earn a return to full-time football after hitting nine goals during a six-month spell with the Blue Brazil last season. But the Easter Road club will not be pursuing their interest.

That could be good news for Cowdenbeath boss Gary Bollan, who said: “I want Jordan to come back to us and continue his development.

“Hibs have said that they will not be taking things further but we are keen for him to return and the ball is in his court over that.”

From The Scotsman...

Wouldnt get my hopes up too much as the lad should be playing at a higher level however if we can get him signed up for a season massive coup for us. He will only get better.

Do we have any gks at the club... First friendly is next sat im sure...

A signing like this could prove the difference between a play-off/promotion push and a struggle at the bottom end, with the goals he can bring. Think Bollan and the club should be doing all they can to snap the lad up for a year as soon as possible before other clubs come sniffing

Edited by Drifter

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

A signing like this could prove the difference between a play-off/promotion push and a struggle at the bottom end, with the goals he can bring. Think Bollan and the club should be doing all they can to snap the lad up for a year as soon as possible before other clubs come sniffing

I'm sure the club have made a great offer but will just be a case of Jordan waiting to see what other options are available to him.  Can't blame him for that.

Wouldnt get my hopes up too much as the lad should be playing at a higher level however if we can get him signed up for a season massive coup for us. He will only get better.
Do we have any gks at the club... First friendly is next sat im sure...

Still no keepers signed up yet, we did have a young one on trial but he has recently signed for forfar, fife times was saying bollan wants to get two signed up this week