COWDENBEATH 2019-20

37 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I imagine there will be a few funny stories involving big Stuart. The funniest experience I had (I repeat this every time a question like this arises) was when we played Alloa midweek on a cold winters night when we were both going for promotion I think. They had a right bellend of a centre back (Walker rings a bell) who was on the receiving end of a tough tackle from one of our guys. Anyway, he gets up and starts going off on one at the referee and starts lifting his leg, extending it and stamping, insinuating that's what happened to him. He does this a few times and big Stuart, louder than a foghorn, screams 'f**k OFF JOHN CLEESE!'

There was barely a person not in stitches on the busy terracing. His wit was outstanding and the volume of his voice just as much. Taken too soon.

The most embarrassed I've been as a Cowden supporter is being thumped 10-0 by Hearts and having our then manager Jimmy Nichol being allowed to galavant into another job while still being employed by us during a relegation battle. He should never have been kept on after the pars game and he should absolutely have been shown the door the minute either/both of the above happened. The biggest mistake I think the board has made in my time supporting Cowden.

It was Scott Walker, dished it out but couldn't take it. Pretty sure in the same game the ref (Charlie Richmond am sure it was) gave Alloa a free kick when the Alloa player tripped over the ball with not a Cowden player within yards of him. Unbelievable. Mind when Big Stu had the whole coach singing who let the Coo oot on the way back from Elgin years ago, classic. A big miss. 

3 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Morton player, can't mind his name, but he had a really thick beard, he was having a rant at the terracing side linesman about a decision and a Cowden fan shouted at him to go shave his stupid looking beard aff, he gave it the get it up ye sign to the Cowden fans and he got sent off, ha!

In the 2000/01 season, home game against Elgin, was 0-0 deep in to injury time, some of us already walked around to the stairs, ball went out of play and a few of us said that will be that and we just got out the gates when we heard a roar, proceeded to dash back up the stairs to see the ball in the Elgin net and the Cowden fans and players in celebration, gutted. Think Toorie scored it, sure the game was on a Sunday. 

I mind the Elgin game. Last minute of game. Elgin defender teed it up for Toorie for the winner two yards out. Won all 5 games against them that seseason I remember for some reason.

5 hours ago, Drifter said:

QUESTION TIME

Can you tell us the funniest and/or most embarrassing incidents you can remember whilst watching Cowden down the years, involving either yourself or a mate? Either at the match or travelling to a game. Pseudonyms can be used if needed!

Can remember being at central when Tommy burns brought his new Kilmarnock team through and a few thousand supporters , we were in their end somehow and were taking  some abuse when one loudmouth slipped on the terracing and fell on his erse, that’s ma cowden story 

Postie Andy at the Golden Gates, Big Stuart shouting to Pasquale Bruno, Eric Archibald v George McLuskey come to mind - then there was Neil Irvine dumping the said Tommy Burns on the track and then Tommy being red carded.  Oh and Raymie and his punch in the pus

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

41 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Postie Andy at the Golden Gates, Big Stuart shouting to Pasquale Bruno, Eric Archibald v George McLuskey come to mind - then there was Neil Irvine dumping the said Tommy Burns on the track and then Tommy being red carded.  Oh and Raymie and his punch in the pus

I can remember one time playing Stenny in a Scottish Cup game at Ochilview on a Monday night in the late 80s and Raymie telling an excentric  Stenny fan to shut the f**k up or he would punch his puss😃

Andy in the Golden Gates was probably the best though.

Edited by cowdenbeath

I imagine there will be a few funny stories involving big Stuart. The funniest experience I had (I repeat this every time a question like this arises) was when we played Alloa midweek on a cold winters night when we were both going for promotion I think. They had a right bellend of a centre back (Walker rings a bell) who was on the receiving end of a tough tackle from one of our guys. Anyway, he gets up and starts going off on one at the referee and starts lifting his leg, extending it and stamping, insinuating that's what happened to him. He does this a few times and big Stuart, louder than a foghorn, screams 'f**k OFF JOHN CLEESE!'

There was barely a person not in stitches on the busy terracing. His wit was outstanding and the volume of his voice just as much. Taken too soon.

The most embarrassed I've been as a Cowden supporter is being thumped 10-0 by Hearts and having our then manager Jimmy Nichol being allowed to galavant into another job while still being employed by us during a relegation battle. He should never have been kept on after the pars game and he should absolutely have been shown the door the minute either/both of the above happened. The biggest mistake I think the board has made in my time supporting Cowden.
I don't think we were in the championship that season?
Hearts and rangers?

Beating Edinburgh Uni 5-1/5-0 at half time and one of the real funny men of the terracing shouts to the group of studenty wanks walking past to change ends “Cowdenbeath 5. Edinburgh Uni 1. Discuss.”

That terracing has given me more laughs than I care to remember. Imagine being stuck in a stand.

8 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Excellent head of hair, good centre mid which I would say is his best position but he’s played all over the pitch for us the past season

Anymore details? As 1 goal and 1 assist in 32 league 2 games isn't screaming good footballer to me.