COWDENBEATH 2019-20

I’d loved to have seen John Dickson playing.

A genius with a football - mind you he could be a prima Donna. One of his favourite tricks was to lob the ball over an opponent's head and run round him to collect the ball. He loved to dribble round the keeper and roll it into the net. It's so long ago but I can still picture him scoring from 25 yards off the bar at East End Park, a stunner in the home match v Hibs, a lob over the goalie v St Johnstone and a bicycle kick goal in the season before we won promotion when he first came into the team.

8 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Davie Ross. What a wizard on the wing. My dad reckons he could hit the crossbar 8 times out of 10 from a corner.

Steve,  does your dad reckon that he himself could hit the crossbar 8 times out of 10 from a corner?  Send on any footage.

9 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Davie Ross. What a wizard on the wing. My dad reckons he could hit the crossbar 8 times out of 10 from a corner.

4 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Steve,  does your dad reckon that he himself could hit the crossbar 8 times out of 10 from a corner?  Send on any footage.

I certainly could as learned from following Davie Ross. Sorry I don't have footage but my team mates were very quick to follow up in dead ball situations. Mind you it helped that most of the opposing defenders were wee.

One other thing I learned. It took lots and lots of practise in training.

With us plebs still awaiting news and views of the new home shirt, and despite it being the height of this year's 'Shirtgate' as opposed to last summer's 'Sockgate' (which has now been happily resolved for the coming campaign), I sent my moles out to Errea HQ in the hills of that Italia and although they were unable to dig out this season's highly-anticipated home top (due to an excessive consumption of the local vino and pizza), they did unearth some sketches for what could be next season's kit... based on the same stripey idea but with an added nod to Cowdenbeath's mining past :wub:

cowdenbeath shirt 2020-21.png

11 minutes ago, Drifter said:

With us plebs still awaiting news and views of the new home shirt, and despite it being the height of this year's 'Shirtgate' as opposed to last summer's 'Sockgate' (which has now been happily resolved for the coming campaign), I sent my moles out to Errea HQ in the hills of that Italia and although they were unable to dig out this season's highly-anticipated home top (due to an excessive consumption of the local vino and pizza), they did unearth some sketches for what could be next season's kit... based on the same stripey idea but with an added nod to Cowdenbeath's mining past :wub:

cowdenbeath shirt 2020-21.png

You have taken that too far now.

10 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

I’m sure he was called into action last season by raith during their keeper crisis

Oh I know who your talking about he was on the bench in the Betfred Cup game against us when they hardly had any players. Would imagine GB would be looking for more experience as 1st choice.

Edited to add 

Made one sub appearance for Rovers v Cove in the Betfred Cup coming on for the last half hour.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, PELE said:

You have taken that too far now.

Blame the drunken moles, now lost forever trying to thumb a lift home on a boat from the port in Naples... following a drunkenly debauched yet futile mission in search of an image for this season's Cowden top.

RIP Moles. The 2019-20 Cowdenbeath home shirt is dedicated to you

(cue a bit of Elton singing Candle in the Wind)

16 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That was Billy McGann - an incredible shot stopper but one of the smallest goalies ever. Airdrie's Drew Jarvie virtually ended his Cowden career by scoring 4 goals past him in a top flight clash - more than one goal being lobbed over Billy's head.

Yes, fantastic shot stopper - very agile. Wasn't he eventually replaced by a very youthful Jim McArthur, Cowboy?

52 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Oh I know who your talking about he was on the bench in the Betfred Cup game against us when they hardly had any players. Would imagine GB would be looking for more experience as 1st choice.

Edited to add 

Made one sub appearance for Rovers v Cove in the Betfred Cup coming on for the last half hour.

Robbie Thomson went off injured and Sam came on and gifted a goal due to a freak bounce, that baptism fucked up his confidence for a long time.

Euan valentine from raith was training yesterday left back from raith also , michael herd centre back from spartans one of sheerins pals

Michael Herd was a Centre Midfielder for The Shire about 6 or 7 years ago from memory.