COWDENBEATH 2019-20

43 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Muz would be raging. Used to give this lad PELTERS.... saying that who hasnt felt his wrath...???

There's a small tribe called Sentinelese on an island just off of India.  Think they're the last remaining people to not have felt his wrath :lol: 

5 hours ago, Drifter said:

I received a few programmes recently, including a Hibs-Dunfermline one from the early 90s. On the Pars page its signed by former (albeit briefly) Cowden boss Bert Paton and Norrie McCathie, who I noticed also started out with Cowdenbeath.

Does anyone have any memories of him, either playing for the Dumb-vermin v the Cows, or previously with Cowden... and does anyone know if his death was deemed to be accidental or suicide?

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I was always under the impression it was accidental but I’m sure others can confirm.  

Norrie and his partner passed away due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The source of this was a gas fired back boiler unit which had become sooted up and had compromised the ventilation.

5 hours ago, Drifter said:

I received a few programmes recently, including a Hibs-Dunfermline one from the early 90s. On the Pars page its signed by former (albeit briefly) Cowden boss Bert Paton and Norrie McCathie, who I noticed also started out with Cowdenbeath.

Does anyone have any memories of him, either playing for the Dumb-vermin v the Cows, or previously with Cowden... and does anyone know if his death was deemed to be accidental or suicide?

Started out as a striker apparently, some swap deal for Dunfermline. 

It was accidental, him and Mandy died from carbon monoxide poisoning. 

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's hard to believe he passed away 23 years ago. I first got to know him when he joined Cowden, we stayed in touch  we would enjoy some good Cowden/Pars banter. A absolute genuine gem of a guy  a huge sad and tragic loss 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye he was a striker and moved to DAFC when Pat Stanton left us to take over as manager. We got Craig McFarlane in exchange you ask who ....exactly.

Ta for the feedback fellas. Seems such a sad and needless loss. Was reading a few bits about him on a Hibs forum and he seemed a genuinely well-liked fella by anyone who met him

Edited by Drifter

22 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Hope this is the start of some beef with Stenny. Now we have lost the Berwick c***s we all need to join forces and focus our hate on a club in this league. I propose it to be ‘we are the best run club ever’ brigade. 

bizarre

you are aware cove are now in the league. furthermore, city have encountered them before

9 hours ago, Drifter said:

Way before my time when he played for Cowden, but saw him against us in the early 90's. A brave, no nonsense player, with real leadership qualities. Tells you everything when he was known as Mr Dunfermline and got a stand named after him. Tragic loss. Got his signature on my programme after they pumped us 4-1 in 1992 at East End. 

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

bizarre

you are aware cove are now in the league. furthermore, city have encountered them before

Nah. The less we care about Cove the better. Has to be a club with terracing. Lost all the fun with Stenny now that you have to all sit in the creche. What about Albion Rovers? No segregation, terracing, west coast. I like them but could happily argue with them for the banter. 

Good statement from the club as usual.
I did used to give Hill a bit of stick but I have matured and calmed down now... I am not sure how much football he has played recently. We could do better.

He isn't up to much. Only seen him play a couple times this season but way out of shape. Heard he was away to a L1 team to presumably sit on the bench as a back up

5 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Morgaro gomis rumoured to be in talks with arbroath , one former player i would love to come back , who could forget his strike against peterhead

Or having the Raith midfield and defence in his back pocket when we beat them 3-1 at starks in 2006.