COWDENBEATH 2019-20

At present can confirm 1 signing to be announced on 11/12 June.  Jason Talbot is still awaiting an op and expected he will hang up his boots.  It is interesting to see how things such as transfers windows, Bosman and minimum wage impact on things.  Most players now will have 52 week contracts -June to June.  Thus Swann, McGurn, loanees, etc are still Cowden players at present.  Players are not released nowadays - they leave on expiry of their contracts unless a release is mutually agreed (with some sort of deal being done re cash quite often).  You cant therefore sign most players until next window opens in a week or so.  Until not so long ago, some part time teams didn't pay any wages until the first Competitive game often just before the end of July.  Now players are paid from day they sign (hence there is actually a financially benefit to have signings just before the first game rather than just when the window opens - although we budget all players for a 52 week contract).   You also need to ensure players have full holiday leave in their contract period.  That has pushed players wages up in L2 and the trapdoor has also boosted them further.  There are no £10/£50 a week players now!

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

23 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

With the players that  have moved on  and a lack of new talent a think it's going to be a long hard grind next season hope 

am wrong but just have this feeling ok

Did you even read Cowden Cowboys post?  :lol: No new signings yet but there won't be any until contracts are up.  So far we've lost our keeper (and have a new one lined up) and Swann who the manager didn't rate.   There's zero reason for panic currently.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

At present can confirm 1 signing to be announced on 11/12 June.  Jason Talbot is still awaiting an op and expected he will hang up his boots.  It is interesting to see how things such as transfers windows, Bosman and minimum wage impact on things.  Most players now will have 52 week contracts -June to June.  Thus Swann, McGurn, loanees, etc are still Cowden players at present.  Players are not released nowadays - they leave on expiry of their contracts unless a release is mutually agreed (with some sort of deal being done re cash quite often).  You cant therefore sign most players until next window opens in a week or so.  Until not so long ago, some part time teams didn't pay any wages until the first Competitive game often just before the end of July.  Now players are paid from day they sign (hence there is actually a financially benefit to have signings just before the first game rather than just when the window opens - although we budget all players for a 52 week contract).   You also need to ensure players have full holiday leave in their contract period.  That has pushed players wages up in L2 and the trapdoor has also boosted them further.  There are no £10/£50 a week players now!

Dave just wait until first game of season save us a whack..

Saying that players wont be daft and this is why certain players want clubs to act quickly and pay them now...

Pish new rules if you ask me. I dont think part time players should ever have a 52 week contract especially since say 75% of them earn a wage in another job. But hey thats life now

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Did you even read Cowden Cowboys post?  :lol: No new signings yet but there won't be any until contracts are up.  So far we've lost our keeper (and have a new one lined up) and Swann who the manager didn't rate.   There's zero reason for panic currently.

No panic just feeling yes I read his post it's hard for leauge 2 clubs to get decent players for a decent price because of  dropping out of league average players want above average wages  . Like I said hope Ian wrong  If at the end of the season we are in the top 3 I'll be the first to eat big piece of Humble Pie 

Had a very big hand in us not being a lowland team, gutted to see him go. Admiteedly to good for this level though. 
He still good enough to do a job in league 1? The only time iv seen him since he left us was in his testimonial last year. Says alot that he got a testimonial at us despite not being at starks for the usual 10 years. His triple save v Ayr for us is still the best bit of goalkeeping iv seen in the flesh.
Glad he contributed to your fortunes aswell, would have been ashame to see you fall out of the spfl. Iv always enjoyed the uniqueness of Central Park.

Good luck to Dave McGurn. Good player for us. I would have liked him to stay, but he has to do what's best for himself. Also, he is getting near the end of his playing career and we need to look for a younger keeper. I think he was starting to struggle with the daily grind playing at our level. He will be good as a back up keeper at Raith.

New centre mid ready to put pen to paper... (Mcord??).......

New gk obviously going to be one of the 3 targets.  Lennox from Partick was ok for me all about cash though and value for money maybe better goalkeepers out there.

46 minutes ago, NELLY said:

New gk obviously going to be one of the 3 targets.  Lennox from Partick was ok for me all about cash though and value for money maybe better goalkeepers out there.

Didn’t rate Lennox at all. There did seem to be some decent keeper in the league last season so we might be lucky and get another good one.

Brechin

Said in Courier you were wanting Derek Gaston, signed for us

I can't believe I'm having to come to this forum to ask about a player but... Gary Fraser? Hardly inspiring to see us shopping in League 2 apparently but we got Pittman from the Juniors so I guess anything can happen

I can't believe I'm having to come to this forum to ask about a player but... Gary Fraser? Hardly inspiring to see us shopping in League 2 apparently but we got Pittman from the Juniors so I guess anything can happen

Too good for league 2 not good enough for premiership

1 minute ago, cowden boy said:

Too good for league 2 not good enough for premiership

Kinda figured that'd be the case. I don't see us wanting to sign someone and loan him out right away. Assuming he's maybe known someone here and is training to get fitness or something? 

Hope this is the start of some beef with Stenny. Now we have lost the Berwick c***s we all need to join forces and focus our hate on a club in this league. I propose it to be ‘we are the best run club ever’ brigade.