COWDENBEATH 2019-20

45 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Amazing saved the club from the lowland league for 2 seasons

It was actually Sneddon who played most of the games the first season we ended up in the League 2 relegation play off, including the 2 play-off games against East Kilbride. Not McGurn.

Just now, CowdenLoyal said:
1 hour ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:
Odds on grant adam coming back ?

A guy I don't think I can ever like. Wouldn't want him in a Cowden shirt again.

I second that.

7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Looking at the teams 

Connor Scullion played a few games as trialist for us soon after Gary arrived went onto sign for Albion Rovers. Ronan Kerney was  at Albion Rovers last season.

Yae Osei and Ryan Stevenson were both at Raith Rovers mostly in their reserve side.

Euan East was at Queen's Park last season.

there I am hoping Connor Scullion is some kind of Pat Scullion/Connor Sammon hybrid! 

I'm not as sad as I thought I was going to be about McGurn leaving.  As long as we get a decent replacement in of course.  I only saw a few games last season and in them he was sent off and was at a fault for a goal up in Peterhead.  He's not irreplaceable. 

I don't think he'll even be their first choice keeper.

Edited by The Minertaur

Big Loss Mcgurn is. Not only one of the best lower league keepers he was a voice and experienced and that is vital in a team like ours. Loads of gks about but dont think we would find one as good as Mcgurn initially. Priority in our signings will of course be 2 goalkeepers (imagine one may become a loan), a left back and a striker should Jordan Allan move on.

Another centre mid for sure also. I always find our best signings come during the season or halfway through anyway.

We have a good core of players signed up already. All know what its like to play under bollan and his style that is a plus.

I have no doubt in my mind that McGurn saved us from the Lowland league with his performance against Cove in the playoff first leg. Really sad to see him go but I don’t blame him at all. Good opportunity for him. On a brighter note the Central Fife times has some positive news pertaining to players signing in the not too distant future. Here’s hoping.

Always said that although hes not standout in our team Gary Fraser could easily play at higher level and with the right team could be really good. I dont see him a premiership player but at someone like QOTS or even a Dunfermline he could do ok.

Malcolm is a good signing again purely from point of view of he was getting better towards  end of season and can play numerous positions which is what you need in a lower league team.

3 Signings Im assuming will be done on 11th June?