Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

On 05/02/2023 at 08:13, UpInTheStand said:

Apologies - filming pitch side is a waste of time. One side was pillars, the other the dugouts, so I missed the penalty incident, Tranent’s third goal (as a sub walked by!) and the red card incident. 😞

Pity us at the game didn't miss those incidents 

On 04/02/2023 at 19:00, HibeeJibee said:

Rose have become inured to winning this season - even a loss at LTHV got chalked off! - but now tastes of defeat... exiting the 2 biggest cups in 10 days with a tough SF v Edinburgh City up next on Tuesday.

Interesting to see how they respond.

Fairly well I would suggest.

That was an absolutely outstanding performance tonight, Edinburgh are 3 leagues above us and we turned them over. Apart from a brief spell in the second half they hardly put us under pressure, we could arguably have scored 5 or 6, Stowe missed a pen, Sandy has a shot in the first half that the keeper makes a great save from, Doc was unfortunate not to score.

We consistently threatened their goal with good applied pressure. Great work all over the park pretty much gave us control of the game, I thought we did particularly well winning second ball and we chased everything! Greg MacPherson gets very little attention but his willingness to break forward and his pace is such an asset, he's been excellent since he came back. Wee Sandy was such a handful, he uses his body so well and he's brave, he's got to start on Saturday. 

Was a great game to watch played at a good pace.

Both teams using their squad players with both starting about 5/6 first team regulars.

From the Rose side a few selection headaches coming up now Doc is getting fitter, Sandy was MOM by a distance and Jamie Allen was outstanding considering how long he’s been out. Great to see Liam get the full game and Lewis now back to back. Also though Conner MacK was excellent too we really don’t get weaker when we ring the changes. Top squad to push for honours this year!

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Was a great game to watch played at a good pace.

Both teams using their squad players with both starting about 5/6 first team regulars.

From the Rose side a few selection headaches coming up now Doc is getting fitter, Sandy was MOM by a distance and Jamie Allen was outstanding considering how long he’s been out. Great to see Liam get the full game and Lewis now back to back. Also though Conner MacK was excellent too we really don’t get weaker when we ring the changes. Top squad to push for honours this year!

Thought Doc was unplayable in the first half, best performance I have seen from him at the Rose. Cunningham's goal was worth admission money alone.

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Thought Doc was unplayable in the first half, best performance I have seen from him at the Rose. Cunningham's goal was worth admission money alone.

Honorable mention to Heaver as well, he tormented them all night.

A solid performance from all.

6 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Was just gonna ask about this one... seems he's going right into the starting line up today.

Decent player?

Very decent central midfielder . Surprised the Rose let him leave unless have a replacement lined up.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

Very decent central midfielder . Surprised the Rose let him leave unless have a replacement lined up.

Considering just how much better the Rose have been against us in the 2 games this season, if he's rated by the people that watch them, then it sounds like a solid signing! Broxburn, despite a pretty large squad, are a bit light in midfield and Greenhill left at the end of January... so hoping this fills a very gaping hole for us.

7 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Considering just how much better the Rose have been against us in the 2 games this season, if he's rated by the people that watch them, then it sounds like a solid signing! Broxburn, despite a pretty large squad, are a bit light in midfield and Greenhill left at the end of January... so hoping this fills a very gaping hole for us.

I think you will be quite happy with Callum.

Guest Stevie 1969
1 hour ago, Black Dug said:

Dreadful performance today. Lots of changes but those coming in have quality so can't really blame that. LTHV seem to be our bogey team. 

Just accept defeat gracefully..that's twice that mob have turned you over. Albeit they lost the last 3 points.  Last couple weeks lithgae haven't been at their free flowing best. Still win league at a canter in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Just accept defeat gracefully..that's twice that mob have turned you over. Albeit they lost the last 3 points.  Last couple weeks lithgae haven't been at their free flowing best. Still win league at a canter in my opinion.

Where have I not accepted defeat gracefully? I merely commented on my team's performance. Do you have a chip on your shoulder? 

6 hours ago, Black Dug said:

Dreadful performance today. Lots of changes but those coming in have quality so can't really blame that. LTHV seem to be our bogey team. 

Not lots of changes, apart from the keeper it was the same 11 that started against Edinburgh on Tuesday night and they were outstanding then. 

LTHV do indeed seem to have some hoodoo over us though. Oh well, onwards and upwards! 

Edited by Zenith