Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

59 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

I've watched the highlights back, and gone back & forward on the early red card. It's a tough call on a sending off. Very clumsy and he probably is last man, but a sending off, not sure? Who was the referee?

It's alarming LTHV exposed you and got in behind so many times, yet the manager's first reply is to blame the official? Bad day at the office, almost certainly not helped by personnel changes and you underestimating an improving LTHV. 

Be better watching the whole game. Officials were rank rotten from start to finish. Also hearing last night, lthv have been fined for their goalies choice of strip. That was the first thing the ref missed.

3 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Be better watching the whole game. Officials were rank rotten from start to finish. Also hearing last night, lthv have been fined for their goalies choice of strip. That was the first thing the ref missed.

Why? Strip clash with referee?

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Also hearing last night, lthv have been fined for their goalies choice of strip. That was the first thing the ref missed.

Would be interested to find out how many appearances Swain actually has for LTHV. 

A decent gk been around a long time. 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

I highly doubt they'd be fined for that. A couple of times we have had refs turn up wanting to ref in purple and our goalies in purple and they have a change

3 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

I've watched the highlights back, and gone back & forward on the early red card. It's a tough call on a sending off. Very clumsy and he probably is last man, but a sending off, not sure? Who was the referee?

It's alarming LTHV exposed you and got in behind so many times, yet the manager's first reply is to blame the official? Bad day at the office, almost certainly not helped by personnel changes and you underestimating an improving LTHV. 

Can see why he has given it but could be argued number 3 could have got across

4 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

If you (correctly) award a free kick 25 yards out from goal with no covering defender I'm not sure how you can say it is not DOGSO and thus a red card.

Looks like the referee got the big decisions correct going by those highlights. Typical deflection tactics from the manager, who obviously isn't going to come out and say "my centre half pairing cost us the game".

I quite like the second goal where the camera is perfectly in line with the last defender and we see number 6's failed attempt to play the offside trap...

56 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Can see why he has given it but could be argued number 3 could have got across

You could argue but you'd be wrong. Number 3 is in line with the ball but 5+ metres away, so isn't making up that distance while the attacker keeps going towards goal.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

If you (correctly) award a free kick 25 yards out from goal with no covering defender I'm not sure how you can say it is not DOGSO and thus a red card.

Looks like the referee got the big decisions correct going by those highlights. Typical deflection tactics from the manager, who obviously isn't going to come out and say "my centre half pairing cost us the game".

I quite like the second goal where the camera is perfectly in line with the last defender and we see number 6's failed attempt to play the offside trap...

You could argue but you'd be wrong. Number 3 is in line with the ball but 5+ metres away, so isn't making up that distance while the attacker keeps going towards goal.

1st sending off, I'd have been shouting for a red if same incident had been at the other end.

From the highlights I can't see any decision that the officials made wrong - always the easiest option to blame officials.

We regularly change our starting 11 as Herdy has always stated he has confidence in all his players. To be fair this has worked more often than not.

Personally given we regularly use 5 subs it's a natural rotation in most games. I'd prefer we start strongest team and freshen with subs.

Yesterday we started with little or no recognised partnerships in any area of the team.  Cunningham started on right having played central in most if not all his previous starts.

Allison and Skinner, can't recall watching them played together at centre half before. That  lack of understanding showed at 1st goal and ended in red for Allison.

A bad day at the office and hopefully we react to this and learn from it.

Edited by Auld Heid

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

We lost the game as we had ten men for 84 mins of the game. No issue with that but if this is a clear goal scoring opportunity then I’m Oliver Giroud. fede54f9c6eed2391d159d50bcfcaa9d.jpg

Show the picture on edge of 18 yard box and your argument becomes  less convincing.

Unfortunately it's the Refs opinion that counts.

3 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

We lost the game as we had ten men for 84 mins of the game. No issue with that but if this is a clear goal scoring opportunity then I’m Oliver Giroud. fede54f9c6eed2391d159d50bcfcaa9d.jpg

Oliver, you lost the game because you made 8 changes and underestimated LTHV. Manager can deflect all he wants. 

Edited by Passthebaw

Having watched the highlights, I'm at a loss where Herd feels it acceptable to blame the officials.  They handled the big decisions correctly.  There maybe an element of doubt in some peoples eyes, but the ref was given a decision to make, and he took it.  You can't haul a striker who's heading towards goal off his feet and expect a booking.  The lad showed pace and wasn't going to be caught, so the red - in my opinion, and the ref's...was 100% correct.

Herd may try to deflect blame for this defeat, but those with eyes aren't easily deceived 😉

I wonder if he'll apologise to the officials once he's seen the video 🤨

The highlights never tell the full story - that’s not what they’re there for.

The referee had a poor game on Saturday - anyone who was there could see that.

19 wins, one loss and one draw since 9 August. Top of the league, in the fourth round of the Scottish Cup… I think we’re doing just fine. 😉