Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

42 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Really good game yesterday. Two teams that play football the right way.

Great result for us, we haven’t had too much joy VS Jeanfield recently!

Some top top goals! A couple of cup weeks to break from league duty but four homes and one away to Edinburgh FC (will be an interesting one to test us) to enjoy through September.

Hail the Gallant!

Edinburgh FC game not scheduled yet.

Fortunate not to end up with players in hospital today. Broxburn were viciously aggressive from the kick off, not interested in playing football just kicking anything in maroon. 

Shameful, glad we turned them over, they got exactly what they deserved. 

5 hours ago, Zenith said:

Fortunate not to end up with players in hospital today. Broxburn were viciously aggressive from the kick off, not interested in playing football just kicking anything in maroon. 

5 hours ago, SocialClubEnd said:

One Broxburn player should be contemplating his actions in a cell tonight

nothing but a coward. 

Not sure what game you were at today.  There was an unfortunate incident when a Lithgae player collided with a wall after being shoulder charged quite fairly (no foul given). The issue was more he was travelling at full speed and the wall was only about 4 feet from the touch line.  Apart from that it was much of a muchness. Hope the lad is okay as it did look a nasty one.

Broxburn were desperately disappointing and tbh, Lithgae could have won more convincingly.  Even when they were a man short they were still the better team.

10 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Not sure what game you were at today.  There was an unfortunate incident when a Lithgae player collided with a wall after being shoulder charged quite fairly (no foul given). The issue was more he was travelling at full speed and the wall was only about 4 feet from the touch line.  Apart from that it was much of a muchness. Hope the lad is okay as it did look a nasty one.

Broxburn were desperately disappointing and tbh, Lithgae could have won more convincingly.  Even when they were a man short they were still the better team.

Mate  I was literally 2 yards from this incident  the ball was gone it was out of play from a long ball, the Rose player was off the park and the Broxburn player "barged" him into the wall. It was as deliberate as it gets, now he maybe didn't mean for the Rose player to smack his head off that wall but the intent was clear. A complete heads gone lack of discipline after losing the 4th goal. 

2 hours ago, roseyposey said:

Mate  I was literally 2 yards from this incident  the ball was gone it was out of play from a long ball, the Rose player was off the park and the Broxburn player "barged" him into the wall. It was as deliberate as it gets, now he maybe didn't mean for the Rose player to smack his head off that wall but the intent was clear. A complete heads gone lack of discipline after losing the 4th goal. 

Didn’t the ref give a Broxburn throw in?  Was the Broxburn player booked?  Defenders use their body to see the ball out of play all the time.

This one had unfortunate consequences for the young lad due to the speed he was running at and the close proximity of the wall.

Hope he recovers quickly as it did look a nasty accident.  To suggest that the Broxburn player spends a night in the cells as one lulu suggests is laughable.

In terms of the game, Rose who I didn’t think played all that well (compared to the previous games I’ve seen of them) won very easily - tells you all you need to know of how bad Broxburn were.

On 24/09/2022 at 22:57, Blowin In the Wind said:

I wasn't only talking about that incident. From the kick off your number 11 (Orru?) was wound up, he came out looking for a fight. Your centre halves kicked our strikers the whole game, they just booted them about the park. The pushing, pulling, off the ball incidents were consistent and frequent throughout the game. I'm not saying the Rose aren't capable of fouling, of course they are and it's part of football. I'm saying the Broxburn team were set up to be particularly aggressive, I'm suggesting that was coached into them. It's a legitimate tactic, just don't get all defensive when it gets called out. 

4 hours ago, Zenith said:

I wasn't only talking about that incident. From the kick off your number 11 (Orru?) was wound up, he came out looking for a fight. Your centre halves kicked our strikers the whole game, they just booted them about the park. The pushing, pulling, off the ball incidents were consistent and frequent throughout the game. I'm not saying the Rose aren't capable of fouling, of course they are and it's part of football. I'm saying the Broxburn team were set up to be particularly aggressive, I'm suggesting that was coached into them. It's a legitimate tactic, just don't get all defensive when it gets called out. 

I think the striker got injured running into the goalie at the “penalty”.  I say penalty as nobody except the ref and the stand side Lino thought it was one.  

In respect to the other comments Orru has been a disappointment (there is a good player in there) so maybe it’s a bit of frustration.

From recent Broxburn displays coached is a word I’d use sparingly to describe Broxburn tactics.  No shape no game plan. Maybe what you saw was a new one ☝️.  

Didn’t think I’d was a particularly physical game, more a case of Lithgae were a yard sharper so maybe there was a bit more pulling or late tackles but don’t think that was deliberate.  

The last 25 minutes summed up how bad Broxburn were on the day.