Jump to content

Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Herdy must go !!

......only joking Rose fans. Your teams had a great run.

Wasn't going to comment as would get the usual. But they plastic pitches should be outlawed. We beat broxburn on theirs by the skin of our Teeth. But not to be today. Honestly I couldn't watch any team that played every home game on they carpets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Wasn't going to comment as would get the usual. But they plastic pitches should be outlawed. We beat broxburn on theirs by the skin of our Teeth. But not to be today. Honestly I couldn't watch any team that played every home game on they carpets.

Boness athletic are pretty good to watch on theirs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Boness athletic are pretty good to watch on theirs

Might depend on quality of surface as well as team. But when a ball headed upwards hits the ground. Then bounces backwards instead of forward. I say that's down to the surface and not the ability of a player to put backspin on the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Wasn't going to comment as would get the usual. But they plastic pitches should be outlawed. We beat broxburn on theirs by the skin of our Teeth. But not to be today. Honestly I couldn't watch any team that played every home game on they carpets.

Astro turf pitches are biggest leveller in the game, and the surface this afternoon is up there with the worst of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Wasn't going to comment as would get the usual. But they plastic pitches should be outlawed. We beat broxburn on theirs by the skin of our Teeth. But not to be today. Honestly I couldn't watch any team that played every home game on they carpets.

 

1 minute ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Astro turf pitches are biggest leveller in the game, and the surface this afternoon is up there with the worst of them. 

You'll get some fright if you get promoted to Lowland next season: literally more than half the teams play on artificial turf (10 from 18 currently plus Bonnyrigg and Vale are among the 8 grass).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

 

You'll get some fright if you get promoted to Lowland next season: literally more than half the teams play on artificial turf (10 from 18 currently plus Bonnyrigg and Vale are among the 8 grass).

As with our game at Broxburn we took time to adjust to the bounce.

Personally I've never been a fan of artificial surfaces, for me they are glorified training pitches. With some better than others.

Unfortunately such surfaces are now becoming increasingly common.

As for the game Swifts efforts from start to finish, won them 3 points.  Yes Linlithgow weren't at their best and despite that still had enough possession to have taken something from the game.

A 21 game run in any league is a tremendous achievement and I'm sure today's result will galvanise us for the remainder of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to todays game as a neutral and didn't leave thinking the pitch had a major bearing on today's result. 

A draw would have been a fairer result with the home sides winner coming at a time when they were getting consistently pinned back for probably the first time in the game. 

An entertaining game for the neutral with a few of the home sides young players showing up well. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Any idea what the crowd was today ? Stood in the one spot all game so kinda hard to see full crowd.

Dreadful place to watch a game. Paid in but ended up getting a better view outside the wire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I went to todays game as a neutral and didn't leave thinking the pitch had a major bearing on today's result. 

A draw would have been a fairer result with the home sides winner coming at a time when they were getting consistently pinned back for probably the first time in the game. 

An entertaining game for the neutral with a few of the home sides young players showing up well. 

 

Interesting view.

As a neutral you aren't seeing beyond today's game and what you watched.

If you had seen either team in previous weeks your view may have changed.

Rose in recent weeks have been superb and good to watch.

Not taking anything from Swifts as they were excellent today.

But personally I hate plastic pitches 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Interesting view.

As a neutral you aren't seeing beyond today's game and what you watched.

If you had seen either team in previous weeks your view may have changed.

Rose in recent weeks have been superb and good to watch.

Not taking anything from Swifts as they were excellent today.

But personally I hate plastic pitches 

As a neutral its all I can do in judging both teams though. I still don't think the pitch today had any influence on the final result. 

That's a different argument as to whether they should actually be used for matchdays. Each to their own I suppose. 

Just in addition to my previous post on the game, The number 12 for the home team definitely deserved his mom award. Great energy from midfield, should've got on the scoresheet near the end and definitely a player to look out for in the future. 

Edited by BukyOHare
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fairly straightforward win and but for 2 or 3 saves from their keeper it could have been more. Whitehill created virtually nothing. Congratulations to their captain for one of the daftest sendings off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Specky said:

Didn't make it today but is it still the young lad from Linlithgow in goals for welfare?

I think he was anyway.

He was. Did well and saved it from being 6 or 7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...