2 hours ago, The Hologram said:

League Cup Section

Rose

Blackburn

Luncarty

Dalkeith

West Calder

No dates for fixtures yet

Suggestion is we are away to Luncarty and Blackburn.

With Dalkeith and West Calder at home.

2 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Herdy must go !!

......only joking Rose fans. Your teams had a great run.

Wasn't going to comment as would get the usual. But they plastic pitches should be outlawed. We beat broxburn on theirs by the skin of our Teeth. But not to be today. Honestly I couldn't watch any team that played every home game on they carpets.

26 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Wasn't going to comment as would get the usual. But they plastic pitches should be outlawed. We beat broxburn on theirs by the skin of our Teeth. But not to be today. Honestly I couldn't watch any team that played every home game on they carpets.

Boness athletic are pretty good to watch on theirs

44 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Boness athletic are pretty good to watch on theirs

Might depend on quality of surface as well as team. But when a ball headed upwards hits the ground. Then bounces backwards instead of forward. I say that's down to the surface and not the ability of a player to put backspin on the ball.

Guest Stevie 1969
1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Astro turf pitches are biggest leveller in the game, and the surface this afternoon is up there with the worst of them. 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

1 minute ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Astro turf pitches are biggest leveller in the game, and the surface this afternoon is up there with the worst of them. 

You'll get some fright if you get promoted to Lowland next season: literally more than half the teams play on artificial turf (10 from 18 currently plus Bonnyrigg and Vale are among the 8 grass).

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

You'll get some fright if you get promoted to Lowland next season: literally more than half the teams play on artificial turf (10 from 18 currently plus Bonnyrigg and Vale are among the 8 grass).

As with our game at Broxburn we took time to adjust to the bounce.

Personally I've never been a fan of artificial surfaces, for me they are glorified training pitches. With some better than others.

Unfortunately such surfaces are now becoming increasingly common.

As for the game Swifts efforts from start to finish, won them 3 points.  Yes Linlithgow weren't at their best and despite that still had enough possession to have taken something from the game.

A 21 game run in any league is a tremendous achievement and I'm sure today's result will galvanise us for the remainder of the season.

I went to todays game as a neutral and didn't leave thinking the pitch had a major bearing on today's result. 

A draw would have been a fairer result with the home sides winner coming at a time when they were getting consistently pinned back for probably the first time in the game. 

An entertaining game for the neutral with a few of the home sides young players showing up well. 

4 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I went to todays game as a neutral and didn't leave thinking the pitch had a major bearing on today's result. 

A draw would have been a fairer result with the home sides winner coming at a time when they were getting consistently pinned back for probably the first time in the game. 

An entertaining game for the neutral with a few of the home sides young players showing up well. 

Interesting view.

As a neutral you aren't seeing beyond today's game and what you watched.

If you had seen either team in previous weeks your view may have changed.

Rose in recent weeks have been superb and good to watch.

Not taking anything from Swifts as they were excellent today.

But personally I hate plastic pitches 

14 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Interesting view.

As a neutral you aren't seeing beyond today's game and what you watched.

If you had seen either team in previous weeks your view may have changed.

Rose in recent weeks have been superb and good to watch.

Not taking anything from Swifts as they were excellent today.

But personally I hate plastic pitches 

As a neutral its all I can do in judging both teams though. I still don't think the pitch today had any influence on the final result. 

That's a different argument as to whether they should actually be used for matchdays. Each to their own I suppose. 

Just in addition to my previous post on the game, The number 12 for the home team definitely deserved his mom award. Great energy from midfield, should've got on the scoresheet near the end and definitely a player to look out for in the future. 

Edited by BukyOHare