Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I am agreeing with Auldheid for once.

Cracking equaliser. You don't save those.

It was a penalty. I was at the other end and couldn't see it but fair decision. The equaliser was further out than it looked at the game - sensational strike.

That's the first away game I've been to this season and there was a marked difference in our set-up compared to the two home games. In those games the front five worked as a unit with lots of interchange and combinations, with Stowe constantly getting into dangerous positions. Today, Docherty was very isolated. He was too easy for the centre halves to cover and when he dropped deep or wide to link up nobody went up front in his place. Stowe was almost exclusively in a pretty traditional right midfield role, which is a waste for a guy in good form who knows how to score goals. We were a little more menacing when TC came on and provided a focal point while Docherty could roam a little, but really what we needed was Docherty up front and Stowe running off him.

Plenty of positives too, most notably Thom and Brownlie seem to have developed a good understanding, we just needed more threat up front.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's the first away game I've been to this season and there was a marked difference in our set-up compared to the two home games. In those games the front five worked as a unit with lots of interchange and combinations, with Stowe constantly getting into dangerous positions. Today, Docherty was very isolated. He was too easy for the centre halves to cover and when he dropped deep or wide to link up nobody went up front in his place. Stowe was almost exclusively in a pretty traditional right midfield role, which is a waste for a guy in good form who knows how to score goals. We were a little more menacing when TC came on and provided a focal point while Docherty could roam a little, but really what we needed was Docherty up front and Stowe running off him.

Plenty of positives too, most notably Thom and Brownlie seem to have developed a good understanding, we just needed more threat up front.

Dochertys not a striker like that. Not the covid season the season before and we started with Alan as a false 9 and it didn't get the best out of him. Dochertys best as a 10 or playing wide.

4 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Dochertys not a striker like that. Not the covid season the season before and we started with Alan as a false 9 and it didn't get the best out of him. Dochertys best as a 10 or playing wide.

Ta, I don't think I'd seen him play before he moved to Lithgae. Ferguson definitely played him as a lone striker yesterday, so that's not great. In the home games he's been fluid, but so have the rest of the front five. They were really hard for defenders to mark and to pick up runs. Hopefully just teething trouble and something that can be remedied quickly, because this looks like a good side and should be in contention at the top this season.

41 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ta, I don't think I'd seen him play before he moved to Lithgae. Ferguson definitely played him as a lone striker yesterday, so that's not great. In the home games he's been fluid, but so have the rest of the front five. They were really hard for defenders to mark and to pick up runs. Hopefully just teething trouble and something that can be remedied quickly, because this looks like a good side and should be in contention at the top this season.

I was actually just watching old videos on you tube of Camelon games. Was watching Lithgae vs Camelon from 2017. Docherty plays a striker in this game he did well other than his final finish. Obviously he was a lot younger then. But shows signs of the player he became.

21 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I notice you miss the penalty shout at 1-0.

Red card and possibly 1-1?

But overall no complaints about the result. Our style of football is not great to watch and lacks urgency.

I noticed you never mentioned the possible red card when your player raised his hands to push our defender on his arse

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I notice you miss the penalty shout at 1-0.

Red card and possibly 1-1?

But overall no complaints about the result. Our style of football is not great to watch and lacks urgency.

Stone wall penalty you should have had on the highlights. But further down comment. Big kasa could have seen red as well