Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

I really felt for VoL as they were totally out their depth and the gulf was far greater than the final result.

So it was to their credit that they didn't resort to dark arts or stop trying to play the game in the right way.

The hammer throwers from Rosyth could learn a lesson on the art of playing the game like that rather than the assaults they dished out early in the season 

14 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Where and who spied on him :lol: ?

A signing out of nowhere. 

Young lad wi bags of potential,good wi the ball at his feet and can play anywhere not just centre half.

Disappointed to see him go. Good luck to the lad. 

A deal out the blue, good to see we are being proactive in signing for next season.

I note you reckon not just a central defender, which isn't for me a priority position.

48 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

A deal out the blue, good to see we are being proactive in signing for next season.

I note you reckon not just a central defender, which isn't for me a priority position.

Depending on who leaves in the summer it might be a priority.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Depending on who leaves in the summer it might be a priority.

Very true, however based upon our current central defenders I'd be disappointed to see any off them leave.

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Tonight's result:

Auchinleck Talbot 1-2 Beith

Might be of interest to Rose fans.

Beith now 23 points ahead of Talbot, who have 6 games in hand.  Beith also restore their 7 point lead over Darvel with both having 5 games left.

Great news. 

Cracking game even though lost 3-2. Sending off correct but lad looked offside in build up. Not a lot in the game after that.

Think there were 7 subs, 2 Sauchie players booked for kicking ball into crowd to waste time and ref plays 2 mins of injury time !

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Cracking game even though lost 3-2. Sending off correct but lad looked offside in build up. Not a lot in the game after that.

Think there were 7 subs, 2 Sauchie players booked for kicking ball into crowd to waste time and ref plays 2 mins of injury time !

Sauchie player was onside but foul was outside the box…

Highlights on Rose social channels now and will appear here in the morning. 

Best of luck to Sauchie in the next round.

7 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

Sauchie player was onside but foul was outside the box…

Highlights on Rose social channels now and will appear here in the morning. 

Best of luck to Sauchie in the next round.

Cheers UITS. He does look onside but awful decision to give penalty. Asst ref is in a good position as well. Still think at that stage of the game Allison should just let him go.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

Cheers UITS. He does look onside but awful decision to give penalty. Asst ref is in a good position as well. Still think at that stage of the game Allison should just let him go.

Definitely an area we need to strengthen if we go up, although Connor showed a very able deputy last night!

3 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Definitely an area we need to strengthen if we go up, although Connor showed a very able deputy last night!

McMullan was immense last night.

I also think Webb / Allison have developed a good partnership.  

If anything we need to ensure our sitting midfielder isn't playing to far forwards when we aren't in possession.

On 12/04/2023 at 12:34, Auld Heid said:

McMullan was immense last night.

I also think Webb / Allison have developed a good partnership.  

If anything we need to ensure our sitting midfielder isn't playing to far forwards when we aren't in possession.

Both decent players at this level but they are both full backs playing centre half and I think you can tell with their decision making in the big games.

Liam being case and point the other night where he almost identically made the same decision as vs LTHV.

No way would I say get rid as they have both had great seasons on the whole but if we want to go up a level we need to bring in a higher level CB who both could learn from and develop.