Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

An acceptance from the SPFL won't do them any good, as its the SFA who issue licences.

SFA / SPFL - whoever it is, they have an assurance that the licence will be granted.

I only posted as Linlithgow fans are talking about a free pass once the league is won.

My understanding is that there will definitely be a play off, whether Beith or Talbot.

Only posting so that fans don't get carried away.

Beith are a decent, well organised team and will be difficult to overcome, but I believe Linlithgow can do it.

1 minute ago, Andydoc said:

SFA / SPFL - whoever it is, they have an assurance that the licence will be granted.

I only posted as Linlithgow fans are talking about a free pass once the league is won.

My understanding is that there will definitely be a play off, whether Beith or Talbot.

Beith are a decent, well organised team and will be difficult to overcome, but I believe Linlithgow can do it.

Glenafton has confirmed this evening that they will get their licence ratified at the SFA's AGM.  Beith congratulated them but made no announcement of their own.

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Glenafton has confirmed this evening that they will get their licence ratified at the SFA's AGM.  Beith congratulated them but made no announcement of their own.

Clubs getting news is about licencings, is the only thing that provides the Beith news some credence. The hard deadline of February for inspections that was talked about in recent was to allow a cushion for minor improvements to be carried out ahead of the last committee meeting before the SFA AGM.

Wouldn't consider floodlights to be a minor thing. They also don't have the Policies docs on their website. There's more than one thing to be ticked off.

Strange source since you'd expect news like this to filter through the WoS forum.

42 minutes ago, Andydoc said:

Only person saying FREE pass is a livingston fan.

3 hours ago, Andydoc said:

They have written confirmation that they will get their license.

That's from a source in Beith.

Only passing this info on as people seem to think Linlithgow have a free pass if / when they win the league.

There will be a play off, whether it's Beith or Talbot.

Does the pitch meet the gradient requirements ?

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Does the pitch meet the gradient requirements ?

The gradient requirements for entry level are "best practice" - is the slope worse than the likes of Bonnyrigg and Burntisland who are licensed?

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

A long way to go but if Beith succeed they’ve ploughed their cash into a team without having the facilities they’ve only themselves to blame.

Expecting Darvel to still win though, that win on Sat for them was massive at Pollok.

They r 7 points behind with 8 games to go 

25 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The gradient requirements for entry level are "best practice" - is the slope worse than the likes of Bonnyrigg and Burntisland who are licensed?

Don't know about Burntisland pitch. But iirc there is quite a big difference between Bonnyrigg and Beith. I'm only asking as it's 1:100 along playing line. Beiths seems to be all in one corner ?

43 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

15 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Don't know about Burntisland pitch. But iirc there is quite a big difference between Bonnyrigg and Beith. I'm only asking as it's 1:100 along playing line. Beiths seems to be all in one corner ?

Wick seem to manage ok. 

2 hours ago, Andydoc said:

As a new applicant, there is no derogation. Unless you tick every single box your application will not even be forwarded to the Licencing Committee for consideration.  Unless the application is approved by this committee, it doesn't go to the SFA AGM to be rubber stamped.

That's a very different thing from one of the SFA licence people helping and advising Beith through the process (if that is happening) and telling them that as far as they're concerned, they've done everything required apart from floodlights.

Then there's the fact that no planning application for lights can be found.

I'd be very surprised to see Beith in the play-offs if they win the league.

32 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As a new applicant, there is no derogation. Unless you tick every single box your application will not even be forwarded to the Licencing Committee for consideration.  Unless the application is approved by this committee, it doesn't go to the SFA AGM to be rubber stamped.

That's a very different thing from one of the SFA licence people helping and advising Beith through the process (if that is happening) and telling them that as far as they're concerned, they've done everything required apart from floodlights.

Then there's the fact that no planning application for lights can be found.

I'd be very surprised to see Beith in the play-offs if they win the league.

Only passing on what I've been told to stop fans thinking that promotion to the lowland league is a formality, once the EOS has been won.

I will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Talbot are doing their usual, dropping points  / losing games that they shouldn't.  Questions have always been asked about Talbot's desire to move out of the West.

I've watched Darvel, Beith and Talbot recently and , in my opinion, Beith are definitely the best of the 3 and will be the most difficult to get past.

As pitches go, Bonnyrigg's has a bit of a slope from side to side, with the Dundas St end a bit more pronounced. Burntisland's pitch is pretty flat these days. Beith's on the other hand has a pronounced slope from one end to the other.  It's probably similar to that of Kennoway Star Hearts in terms of the amount of slope.  The photo below is from around 8 years ago, when I first watched a game there.

image.thumb.jpeg.ade76b362f55cdabb785844d4459e19b.jpeg

13 hours ago, Andydoc said:

They have written confirmation that they will get their license.

That's from a source in Beith.

Only passing this info on as people seem to think Linlithgow have a free pass if / when they win the league.

There will be a play off, whether it's Beith or Talbot.

No Linlithgow fan has mentioned a free pass. That’s one of our rivals mentioning it in a “you lot are going to be jammy” way.

From a football point of view I want a playoff with two massive crowds (Of course I think both winners should go up) but there has to be clarification so the teams can prepare. Not really acceptable to not know this or have it in place by the second last month of the season.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

No Linlithgow fan has mentioned a free pass. That’s one of our rivals mentioning it in a “you lot are going to be jammy” way.

From a football point of view I want a playoff with two massive crowds (Of course I think both winners should go up) but there has to be clarification so the teams can prepare. Not really acceptable to not know this or have it in place by the second last month of the season.

Strangely enough, I heard it being discussed on Sunday at the final, which is why I posted the info I have.

10 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

As pitches go, Bonnyrigg's has a bit of a slope from side to side, with the Dundas St end a bit more pronounced. Burntisland's pitch is pretty flat these days. Beith's on the other hand has a pronounced slope from one end to the other.  It's probably similar to that of Kennoway Star Hearts in terms of the amount of slope.  The photo below is from around 8 years ago, when I first watched a game there.

image.thumb.jpeg.ade76b362f55cdabb785844d4459e19b.jpeg

Burntisland pitch isn't flat. It slopes to the side. The top left corner of changing room yois have doubts about seeing a ball out

3 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Burntisland pitch isn't flat. It slopes to the side. The top left corner of changing room yois have doubts about seeing a ball out

I'll give you that its not perfectly flat, but compared to New Dundas Park, Bellsdale Park or Treaton Park, the slope isn't particularly significant.

BS1.thumb.jpg.e71c0c3f78aeb2235fe20f80509c432f.jpg

BS2.thumb.jpg.5ae92aaf3dce6ec1160c58c54e3f714a.jpg

BS3.thumb.jpg.32838ba5bb6c4868ff185a99906fd3b8.jpg

5 hours ago, Andydoc said:

Strangely enough, I heard it being discussed on Sunday at the final, which is why I posted the info I have.

Whilst in a great position, nothing settled, with tough games ahead, I'm pretty sure Sauchie haven't given up.

Personally I'd still like the play-offs to continue. I'd also like to see more than one LL team relegated per season.

58 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Whilst in a great position, nothing settled, with tough games ahead, I'm pretty sure Sauchie haven't given up.

Personally I'd still like the play-offs to continue. I'd also like to see more than one LL team relegated per season.

Should bend the rules and make it highest available licensed club then. 

No different from the LL B team promotion farce at minute.