Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

16 minutes ago, Arnie said:

You saying the ref is a cheat ?

I certainly wouldn't have thought that from his performance.

He was equally bad for both teams and any report will also include input from both assistants and associated evidence captured.

A poor first half performance, with a team starting with our 3 top scorers and 3 other regular starters.

2nd to every ball and 2 central defenders who were beat under every high ball launched by the Beggars.

2nd half we introduced McPherson and Stowe and this helped bring a massive improvement and we did just enough to win a game which we were far from our best.

11 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

A poor first half performance, with a team starting with our 3 top scorers and 3 other regular starters.

2nd to every ball and 2 central defenders who were beat under every high ball launched by the Beggars.

2nd half we introduced McPherson and Stowe and this helped bring a massive improvement and we did just enough to win a game which we were far from our best.

Pretty fair but we did more than just enough. 2nd half was one way traffic and we won well in the end.

Good crowd as well.

15 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Thought the game was well managed by the coaching staff. 

We brought the first team on we blew them away really. 🌹 

Personally, I believe you should always start with your best 11.  You win the game and then use 5 subs for game time.

I'm not a big fan of squad rotation.

But hey ho, still delighted at the win.

7 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Have to say I expected a lot more from Linlithgow against an awful Bo’ness team.

Much improvement required if you get promoted.

The Rose were poor and still comfortably dispatched a LL team. Think that is now 11 wins out of 12 against teams at that level. If they go up they would do just fine.

10 minutes ago, Number seven said:

I don’t think so pal.

Consider this filed under you are talking pish. Form suggests they would be fine . Your bitter opinion on 1 game means hee haw 😂

Was there today as a neutral and have to say, thoroughly enjoyed the match.

Thought first half, Bo'ness started very well. Linlithgow really struggled to get going which allowed Bo'ness to get the ball down and create some chances.

2nd half, Linlithgow were far better, Bo'ness competed well, but the Linlithgow forward line had some extra pace that stretched the game. Really good move for the winning goal.

First half, Bo'ness were slightly better. Missed a penalty and scored from open play.

2nd half, Linlithgow were much better, scored their penalty (what a stupid challenge to concede it) and scored from open play.

Some absolute quality comedy refereeing throughout the game added to the occasion!

Decent crowd in and a very good atmosphere throughout. 

4 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

You say that but we pumped your league leaders 4-0 going on 10.

We’d challenge straight away.

Aye right.Mate you have a slow back four, no footballers in midfield and are really lightweight up front.

I take it you have plenty money to vastly improve your squad if you think you can “challenge “ straight away?

4 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Aye right.Mate you have a slow back four, no footballers in midfield and are really lightweight up front.

I take it you have plenty money to vastly improve your squad if you think you can “challenge “ straight away?

I’m just going on the fact only Tranent have beaten us from the LL in 12 games I think in the last two seasons.

2 of our back 5 were starters today and that gave you guys some chances but in the main handled it easily. Our full backs are the fastest defenders I’ve seen at this level. 

I’d like a centre back and centre forward to improve us further but I’d confidently take this squad straight up and would expect us to be in the top 6 from the off.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

1 minute ago, Number seven said:

Got as far as slow back 4 and realised you are clearly taking the pish. Thomson and McPherson slow 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Number seven said:

You will be skint when your committee come up with a plan to oust max. So we would just need to beat yous to second bottom. Job done.

5 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

You will be skint when your committee come up with a plan to oust max. So we would just need to beat yous to second bottom. Job done.

Bit different from challenging top six straight away is it not?

Listen, I am fully aware Bo’ness are in the shit ,please don’t pretend that Linlithgow are anything like a good team though.

1 minute ago, Number seven said:

They are full backs.I was taking about Webb, Allison and Skinner . FS I am only being honest.

So you said we had a slow back 4 Now it is we have 2 quick defenders, 2 slow defenders and a slow centre midfielder 😂.