Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

On this day 9 years ago just came up for me.  Was coaching staff at St Andrews Utd.

Anyone remember that 6-0 day ?  Poor Mark Bradley.

Unsure what's worse, that or Brown Ferguson turning up to Crossgates first game of last season in a shirt and tie and pair of brown loafers

On 26/02/2023 at 11:19, Auld Heid said:

That doesn't surprise me.

The EoS needs to have a close look at the Dundonald set up. 

Yesterday's scenes were the worst I have witnessed in many a year. The actions of initially Brown (10) and Sinbanda (7) were catalyst to what then transpired. 

A situation worsened as players having to run a gauntlet from pitch to changing rooms - through Dundonald officials / supporters.

A totally unacceptable situation and not something I would wish to witness again.

I think you need to be very careful on the integrity of the statements you make Auld Heid. The silence from your usual Linlithgow regulars may lead you to realise it was not indeed the situation you describe and you may want to look closer to home for a large part of the scenes that unfolded. 

From what I witnessed there is no doubt Dundonald 10 tries to get the ball back from the Lithgow player who has dived on top of the ball to slow the game down in the final moments which appears to transpire into some verbals which causes both squads to come together at the end. I thought the boy 10 was quite entitled to try to get the ball back at that point and that the Lithgow player wasn't booked. However that summed up the refereeing performance throughout the afternoon which seemed to bemuse the home, away and neutral contingent. 

Calling Sibanda the catalyst for the second fracas which happened around a minute after the initial one on the final whistle is outright wrong. I think you need to look at your Linlithgow centre half Liam Allison who comes back out from the away dressing room when already down the tunnel and cowardly punches a Dundonald helper blindly from behind who is trying to usher the teams down the tunnel and doesn't see it coming before Liam Allison runs back down the tunnel to the dressing room. That is the complete catalyst for the rest of the scenes. It was an absolute cheap shot and an utter disgrace. The reaction to this then also sees Linlithgow fans ending up on the pitch. Any fans of any club being on the pitch at this time isn't acceptable - I have little sympathy for them crying about it when the home supporters had something to say about it. In amongst both home and away players going in to separate things we also witnessed a member of the Linlithgow management team throw another cowardly blind punch - admittedly less effective as it bounced off the side of the head of an unaware Dundonald player. 

There is no doubt about it that Dundonald will be punished for this in some way or other but I think your claims are fully biased and you need to allow yourself a more balanced perspective which is why I've raised the points as I think it would be unfair to allow you, Swifty, or anyone else have free comment without talking about what really happened on this specific event. I suspect Dundonald will have to put in some sort of pull out tunnel from their dressing rooms to the pitch to avoid these situations in the future. 

Credit to the Dundonald manager who quickly moved as many of his players to the the far side of the pitch for a rollicking in an effort to defuse the situation. I didn't witness any of the Lithgow management team doing similar - rather John Miller getting in the face of both linesmen and the referee. 

The upcoming Lithgow game versus Bo'ness is set up nicely - perhaps back to the crowds of days gone by. 

1 hour ago, 2 Teas And A Bovril Please said:

I think you need to be very careful on the integrity of the statements you make Auld Heid. The silence from your usual Linlithgow regulars may lead you to realise it was not indeed the situation you describe and you may want to look closer to home for a large part of the scenes that unfolded. 

From what I witnessed there is no doubt Dundonald 10 tries to get the ball back from the Lithgow player who has dived on top of the ball to slow the game down in the final moments which appears to transpire into some verbals which causes both squads to come together at the end. I thought the boy 10 was quite entitled to try to get the ball back at that point and that the Lithgow player wasn't booked. However that summed up the refereeing performance throughout the afternoon which seemed to bemuse the home, away and neutral contingent. 

Calling Sibanda the catalyst for the second fracas which happened around a minute after the initial one on the final whistle is outright wrong. I think you need to look at your Linlithgow centre half Liam Allison who comes back out from the away dressing room when already down the tunnel and cowardly punches a Dundonald helper blindly from behind who is trying to usher the teams down the tunnel and doesn't see it coming before Liam Allison runs back down the tunnel to the dressing room. That is the complete catalyst for the rest of the scenes. It was an absolute cheap shot and an utter disgrace. The reaction to this then also sees Linlithgow fans ending up on the pitch. Any fans of any club being on the pitch at this time isn't acceptable - I have little sympathy for them crying about it when the home supporters had something to say about it. In amongst both home and away players going in to separate things we also witnessed a member of the Linlithgow management team throw another cowardly blind punch - admittedly less effective as it bounced off the side of the head of an unaware Dundonald player. 

There is no doubt about it that Dundonald will be punished for this in some way or other but I think your claims are fully biased and you need to allow yourself a more balanced perspective which is why I've raised the points as I think it would be unfair to allow you, Swifty, or anyone else have free comment without talking about what really happened on this specific event. I suspect Dundonald will have to put in some sort of pull out tunnel from their dressing rooms to the pitch to avoid these situations in the future. 

Credit to the Dundonald manager who quickly moved as many of his players to the the far side of the pitch for a rollicking in an effort to defuse the situation. I didn't witness any of the Lithgow management team doing similar - rather John Miller getting in the face of both linesmen and the referee. 

The upcoming Lithgow game versus Bo'ness is set up nicely - perhaps back to the crowds of days gone by. 

😂😂😂😂😂 glad you joined to post that !!

2 hours ago, 2 Teas And A Bovril Please said:

You are talking about the linlithgow player sandy cunningham. He was booked for holding onto the ball for his second yellow. And then a red. Is your big team raith by any chance ?

3 hours ago, 2 Teas And A Bovril Please said:

What a load of utter made up shite 

i suspect you were not even there. 
this is a total and utter pile of lies trying to deflect from the disgrace that was the home club.  

4 hours ago, 2 Teas And A Bovril Please said:

Trying my best to be as impartial as possible here - Your description of the Rose player/staff involvements in the fisticuffs is near identical to what my Rose supporting friend told me. Also no surprise whatsoever that the usual Rose plebs on here are in full-blown denial mode. That said, I think Dundonald are gonna get hauled over the coals for their behaviour but only fair the Rose do too.

Edited by 8MileBU

I wasn't at the game but was told one Rose player, one Rose official could be in trouble but Allison was not name I was given. Also told 2 Dundonald players and 1 official in similar trouble.

51 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Trying my best to be as impartial as possible here - Your description of the Rose player/staff involvements in the fisticuffs is near identical to what my Rose supporting friend told me. Also no surprise whatsoever that the usual Rose plebs on here are in full-blown denial mode. That said, I think Dundonald are gonna get hauled over the coals for their behaviour but only fair the Rose do too.

Drivel as usual.

44 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I wasn't at the game but was told one Rose player, one Rose official could be in trouble but Allison was not name I was given. Also told 2 Dundonald players and 1 official in similar trouble.

You on the committee?

1 hour ago, SocialClubEnd said:

What a load of utter made up shite 

i suspect you were not even there. 
this is a total and utter pile of lies trying to deflect from the disgrace that was the home club.  

He's probably Sibanda last seen throwing punches like a Poundland Rocky.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Were you at the game caller.  
no.  Well shut the hell up then. 
you know nothing.  

5 hours ago, 2 Teas And A Bovril Please said:

Just to show how wrong you are 

the incident with Cunningham holding onto the ball was a full 3 minutes before the full time whistle.  The whistle was blown after 10 had gone through the back of Cunningham leaving an elbow on him. As Cunningham rose to his feet the ref blew. Sandy celebrated the win and was then attacked by Dundonald 10 and two mates. Which sparked the melee. The second melee was started by Sibanda who by this point was utterly out of control.  The attacks on supporters were cowardly to say the least and resulted in Rose supporters spilling onto the pitch to escape grown middle aged and indeed older men throwing punches at anyone in Maroon.  One of whom it seems is a well known former club official and now at another club.   

good attempt at deflection but i’m afraid a pile of shite.  

12 hours ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Were you at the game caller.  
no.  Well shut the hell up then. 
you know nothing.  

What a drip. For knowing nothing, yer fellow Rose man’s just posted exactly what I was told on the previous page.

15 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Don't kid on you have a friend - my Bo'ness supporting friend says they don't like you either.

19 hours ago, 2 Teas And A Bovril Please said:

You forget to mention the Rose supporter left blooded and requiring a visit to A&E. 

The only people on the park looking to cause bother were Dundonald supporting individuals.  

The part I agree with is Dundonald number 10 starts the trouble.

Bottom line the EoS will deal with this matter and I'm sure justice will be done.