Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

2 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Winnable home tie for R4, big pay day in R5 🤣

That wasn't pretty today, but that's 19 games unbeaten in all competitions, 18 wins. It's good that we can win ugly; your first objective is to be in the next round and we're there.

That's really all I have to say... 

Being greedy eh?

Looks like Herd knows how to build a team though.He was a fine player and looks like he has what it takes on the sidelines too.

Horrible game, but getting through is all that really matters.

Sauchie were pressing in the second half and could have gone on to win it, had the centre forward not had a moment of madness.

Sauchie tactics were horrible though, keeper kicking the ball long for centre forward to chase. The epitome of long ball football.

Not sure how much the wind / state of the pitch influenced the game, but that was as poor as I've seen Linlithgow this season.

It's all about the result and sometimes you have to win ugly.

Whilst our midfield / forwards were off the boil our defence were superb.

Wind spoiled the game - but same for both sides and possibly suited Sauchie more than Linlithgow.

HTG

Who do you boys fancy in next round?
Big pay day or just a home tie?

A big pay day. We’ve had rotten luck with these rounds where some of our biggest rivals from the Juniors have drawn the big ones.

We got to Rnd 5 4 times I think and got QOS and Ross County away, and Falkirk and Raith at home.

All decent pay days but Talbot have had Hearts away twice, Bonnyrigg had Hibs at Easter Road. This is a huge financial advantage and we surely get the rub of the Green at some point.

Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen away please!

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What about your overall treatment of the Sauchie fans.

Piss poor I heard.

Care to explain that one. 

SFA advice following incidents involving Sauchie fans with Tranent and Bonnyrigg. 
you reap what you sow.  Get your own house in order first.  

even yesterday they were throwing objects at the Rose fans. 

so basically.   Roond ye !!  

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

A big pay day. We’ve had rotten luck with these rounds where some of our biggest rivals from the Juniors have drawn the big ones.

We got to Rnd 5 4 times I think and got QOS and Ross County away, and Falkirk and Raith at home.

Only been to round 5 once, v Ross County. QoS was 4th round and Falkirk / Raith were 3rd round ties.

58 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I stand corrected.

Did the prem teams used to come in on round 4 then? Feel like they just have.

Prior to 2007/08, the big teams used to come in from round 3. That season saw the start of expansion, with 4 Junior teams then being added and thereafter Prem teams have been round 4 on (so 15 years). Recent further expansions saw prelim rounds added at the start, to whittle down the numbers.

QOS was indeed round 4 in that first expanded season. 

Edited by Ann Dan Otherthing

2 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Looks like a bit of a dive there.Given against your team you would be angry I think.

Stonewall - Mark got the ball and the keeper didn't. You'd be raging at your goalie for bringing him down when he is running towards the corner flag.