Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Another outstanding performance against a very smart and skillful side who are only 3 points off the top of the lowland league. Whilst we didn't dismantle them quite as categorically as we did Penecuik they lost their discipline and could not deal with our domination in midfield and consistent threat up front. They rarely caused us much concern and if anything the 3-1 victory flatters the Strollers. 

It's obvious from the footage that Cunningham was assaulted prior to his sending off but unfortunately the ref only saw part of that altercation, Sandy is an honest player, but no mug and will be missed next week, however our strength in depth is so impressive that the team we put next week ought to be enough against a Sauchie side who are scoring goals for fun albeit against far less capable opposition. 

A cup tie is always tough however and we'll need to remain consistently at our best. It's a scintillating prospect, I can't wait for 3pm on Saturday! HTG

3 hours ago, Zenith said:

Another outstanding performance against a very smart and skillful side who are only 3 points off the top of the lowland league. Whilst we didn't dismantle them quite as categorically as we did Penecuik they lost their discipline and could not deal with our domination in midfield and consistent threat up front. They rarely caused us much concern and if anything the 3-1 victory flatters the Strollers. 

It's obvious from the footage that Cunningham was assaulted prior to his sending off but unfortunately the ref only saw part of that altercation, Sandy is an honest player, but no mug and will be missed next week, however our strength in depth is so impressive that the team we put next week ought to be enough against a Sauchie side who are scoring goals for fun albeit against far less capable opposition. 

A cup tie is always tough however and we'll need to remain consistently at our best. It's a scintillating prospect, I can't wait for 3pm on Saturday! HTG

The assault by the Strollers player in Thomson was a clear a red, unfortunately the ref bottled it - also reduced us to 10 men.

Watching replay of  Cunningham sending off,  the assistant referee either missed the incident or was not supporting the referee as it all stemmed from a punch from Arnie Kasa.

The subsequent Strollers sending off was a clear assault and looks worse on the highlights.

But that shouldn't distract from another superb Rose performance.

Whilst Stowe rightly picked up MoM for yet another hat-trick, I thought Heaver and Thomson were awesome together on our left.

3 hours ago, Zenith said:

Sandy red should be downgraded if club appeal the red. Think Berwick 👍

Apologies if this has been mentioned and I've missed it. I'm assuming Saturday's game is good ol' pay at the gate? Was checking the prices and spotted an app for buying tickets, thought I'd check if that's how they're done or just an alternative.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned and I've missed it. I'm assuming Saturday's game is good ol' pay at the gate? Was checking the prices and spotted an app for buying tickets, thought I'd check if that's how they're done or just an alternative.

You can buy via the Fanbase App or pay at the gate, whichever suits you best 👍

A game of very few chances.  Rose score and don't think had another shot on target until Allison 2 late efforts. 

Sauchie had a lot of the ball but created less. Rose keeper had one save when the guy was through 1 on 1 and a header cleared off the line.

Looked a decent crowd pity about the Sauchie moron throwing a hip flask into the Rose support.

3 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Who do you boys fancy in next round?

Big pay day or just a home tie?

Winnable home tie for R4, big pay day in R5 🤣

That wasn't pretty today, but that's 19 games unbeaten in all competitions, 18 wins. It's good that we can win ugly; your first objective is to be in the next round and we're there.

That's really all I have to say...