Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Guest Stevie 1969
2 hours ago, Black Dug said:

To be fair winning 14 on the bounce suggests a team who have been playing with few weaknesses. 

I enjoyed the game the other night and agree we were more direct than usual but the pitch was very heavy and slippy so intricate passing through the midfield wasn't going to be on the cards was it?

Love how the Haws get themselves gee'd up to play Lithgae. If Ross Allum had played with that sort of desire when he was with us then perhaps he would still have been at Prestonfield... 

We can rue our chances and blame the officials but a point's a point and, as already said, could be decisive come the end of the season. Jeanfield's result means we haven't really lost out. 

Winning 14 on the bounce Is an incredible feat at any level, fair play. Pitch was same for both teams so it's slippy and intricate passing isn't on for both teams as well. And I've seen lithgae enough to know its not always intricate passing. More than often it's a crossfield diagonal ball from cammy to stowe.  That's your usual outlet..and as for ross only he can answer that one. But nice to see 2 former lithgae strikers score on Tuesday night against their former club. And I don't even think the dropped 2 points will come into play at end of season. Lithgae will win league with a bit to spare, I just hope you don't have to rely on coming over bridge to do so. 😉

Allum was a huge disappointment at the Rose. You could see there was a striker in there but he struggled to knock a 34 year old Tommy Coyne out the team so didn’t show the desire needed.

Payne on the other hand I assume left as he wanted a regular game, I’d be delighted to still have him part of the squad, a proper finisher and plus with a smile on his face - looks like a great guy to have around the place.

Good luck for the rest of the season, need to shake off that inconsistency and get up the league. Another team that should be up in the Lowland League in time.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Very good today. Scored 4 had 4 cleared off the line and missed 2 or 3 other good chances. Penicuik were rank rotten.

The red card only gives Penicuik something to cling to.

We were magnificent all over the park and an absolute joy to watch.

I genuinely think we could use the bingo machine to pick the team and we would still get a performance from them.

Two massive games ahead starting next week with Civil Service Stroller then Sauchie in the Scottish.

18 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The red card only gives Penicuik something to cling to.

We were magnificent all over the park and an absolute joy to watch.

I genuinely think we could use the bingo machine to pick the team and we would still get a performance from them.

Two massive games ahead starting next week with Civil Service Stroller then Sauchie in the Scottish.

Calm down.

The disappointment when it all goes tits up will kill you off.

We were so good today, I thought for the first 20 minutes or so Penecuik were probably the best team we've faced this season, but we dismantled them, absolutely dominated the midfield thanks to Jamie Allan in particular. They lost their discipline, fell to pieces, were well beaten in the end by an outstanding team performance. 

We'll win this league easily, the strength and depth of the squad is phenomenonal. Our biggest problem is keeping great players engaged when they can't get a game. 

We've a couple of massive games coming up, it's relentless and I have every confidence in this team. 

Another cracking watch with Rose worthy winners via another Stowe hat-trick.

Only downside was an injury to Cammy Thomson via a tackle that should have been a red all day long. 

The game became farcical with Cunningham seeing red followed by a Strollers player.

HTG

Very well deserved win and don't see how it became farcical. 2 very poor challenges by CSS players and a sending off that very few fans saw.

CSS were well organised but created very little and no. 7 was caught offside every time they attacked.