Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

On 31/10/2022 at 07:29, LowerLeagueFC said:

Hope for a bit decent weather next few days or can see the pitch cutting up early doors midweek

We're not due to play on the pitch until a week on Saturday, the 12th. It's draining really well after the work that was done on it during the summer. 

Guest Stevie 1969
2 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

A proper cup tie feel tonight. 3-3. Fair result.

If HOB could play that week they wouldn’t be fighting relegation, I think I say that everytime we play up there.

Good point but to lose a goal so late the lads will be kicking themselves.

Great value for £8!

Improvement on last season.  Least you got a point this season ⚽👌😂

9 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

A proper cup tie feel tonight. 3-3. Fair result.

If HOB could play that week they wouldn’t be fighting relegation, I think I say that everytime we play up there.

Good point but to lose a goal so late the lads will be kicking themselves.

Great value for £8!

Very fair assessment I would say, HoB seem to raise game v the Rose. 

Could have probably been a few more goals for either team, both goalies made a good few saves too.

Yeah they weee both excellent, even more considering the conditions.

I had to fact check my mate when he said you were fourth bottom. With that strike force alone HOB should be challenging for the league, all three are a threat and the Keeper is one of the best in the league.

Any idea why consistency isn’t there?

Guest Stevie 1969
33 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

What was the scrip with the ref telling binnie. If he stands in front of you you hit ball off him, il caution him. Binnie does exactly that. Ref does heehaw . 

He also let binnie off for kicking out at haws striker after the last min equaliser. Apparently your not allowed to celebrate a last min goal. Ref also did Hee haw 😳 

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Yeah they weee both excellent, even more considering the conditions.

I had to fact check my mate when he said you were fourth bottom. With that strike force alone HOB should be challenging for the league, all three are a threat and the Keeper is one of the best in the league.

Any idea why consistency isn’t there?

Hard to say but would probably go for lapses in concentration and a bit of indiscipline. Sure the 2nd half of the season may be more fruitful for the frontline as I think they should score enough goals to help rise up the table

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

What was the scrip with the ref telling binnie. If he stands in front of you you hit ball off him, il caution him. Binnie does exactly that. Ref does heehaw . 

Ref told him if the forward impeded him and he hit the ball off him he would caution forward. The forward turn his back moving away from goalkeeper and he hit the ball off him.

Ref did heehaw.

The linesman said “Number six (Greg Skinner) was playing him on.” 

If that’s the case, Pegs should try out for the Olympic 100 metres. 🙂

You actually see the lino running past the camera and getting in line with the striker just as he lashes the ball into the net…

Edited by UpInTheStand

44 minutes ago, UpInTheStand said:

Haws deserved a point and I was really impressed with them - but that first goal is the most offside goal I’ve ever seen. 

Could you watch them every week though ?. Going by the home support no many fifers can 🤣

30 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

the dazzling football of long baw litghie is stunning to watch right enough big man

Adapt to the conditions. Ploughed fields require hoof ball. We are used to snooker table conditions 😁 hob play on a tattie patch from end of August onwards 👍

Guest Stevie 1969
4 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Or play to your opponents weakness? 

You trying to say lithgae have weaknesses?  Not going by there rose tinted glasses fans on here they haven't. 

4 hours ago, Stevie 1969 said:

You trying to say lithgae have weaknesses?  Not going by there rose tinted glasses fans on here they haven't. 

To be fair winning 14 on the bounce suggests a team who have been playing with few weaknesses. 

I enjoyed the game the other night and agree we were more direct than usual but the pitch was very heavy and slippy so intricate passing through the midfield wasn't going to be on the cards was it?

Love how the Haws get themselves gee'd up to play Lithgae. If Ross Allum had played with that sort of desire when he was with us then perhaps he would still have been at Prestonfield... 

We can rue our chances and blame the officials but a point's a point and, as already said, could be decisive come the end of the season. Jeanfield's result means we haven't really lost out.