Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

A long way to go before we think about that but I’d say us, Jeanfield or Penicuik (just my opinion for who I think will be up there) will be relishing the chance. As a rose fan I wouldn’t be scared of playing anyone from League 2 down with the squad we have just now.

Hopefully however a league reconstruction of some sort will be on the table as whoever wins the leagues should go up. I do think we’ve been forced into thinking along the lines of a LL2 as there are too many good teams in the East And West to sit there with a lottery at the end of the season.

Took in the game yesterday as a neutral. Tight 20 minutes or so until the game opened up and became a great watch. Linlithgow looked good at times and were compact and organised. Spartans huffed and puffed and played the ball around reasonably well without any real threat. However when it comes to goals you will fail to see as many crackers as you did in this game. Once Linlithgow had taken control of the game they looked really good and the goals flew in. Mark Stowe is some player and really should be playing at a higher level. Great days entertainment. Pies were world class too.

1 hour ago, mojmeister said:

Took in the game yesterday as a neutral. Tight 20 minutes or so until the game opened up and became a great watch. Linlithgow looked good at times and were compact and organised. Spartans huffed and puffed and played the ball around reasonably well without any real threat. However when it comes to goals you will fail to see as many crackers as you did in this game. Once Linlithgow had taken control of the game they looked really good and the goals flew in. Mark Stowe is some player and really should be playing at a higher level. Great days entertainment. Pies were world class too.

A good summary.

Early doors, the game took time to settle and could have went in any direction.

Once Stowe scored that seemed to relax the Rose and could only see one winner after that.

2nd goal as good a team effort as you will see.

4 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

if its rangers away the Linlithgow fans won't know what end to sit in

Who is this simpleton ? 

Are you not the rocket that said Docherty was leaving for a bigger club in summer as well.

On 25/10/2022 at 12:20, FuzzyBear said:

Who is this simpleton ? 

Are you not the rocket that said Docherty was leaving for a bigger club in summer as well.

Steady on Mr Bear. 

I was of the belief he would be yes, I was mistaken but good to see him back in the Rose kit again this year

Great result to grind out a win when not quite at it yesterday.

Pat Scullion remains one of the worst players ever to wear the jersey and his petulance was embarrassing yesterday.

Big game in midweek now.