Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

13 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

I thought The Rose did well for the first 20 mins or so, still dominated the end of the 1st half but then fell out it 2nd half. Had enough chances to win a couple of games but didnโ€™t take them.ย 
ย 

Biggest worry was looking at the bench there was no one on it to come on and make an impact.ย 

Getting Doc and Sneddon back will make a big difference.

39 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

So, what are you saying? Linlithgow mangement team are-nay bothered as it was just Musselburgh that beat them today?ย 

Think Linlithgow were firm favs for the league but one draw and one loss in 1st 3 matches isnโ€™t stating the case very well.ย 

Wouldnโ€™t go as far as to say firm favourites pretty sure Penicuik,jeanfield,hob,Broxburn and sauchie might have other ideas!

11 minutes ago, Findla22 said:

Wouldnโ€™t go as far as to say firm favourites pretty sure Penicuik,jeanfield,hob,Broxburn and sauchie might have other ideas!

Think that with the two cups at the end of the seasand some of the business that Linlithgow were favourites for the league.ย 

ย 

The teams that you mention have something to say and have started better

Really poor up front today. I like Heaver but not as a central striker. He gets dragged too deep trying to get the ball then when it is recycled there's no-one in the box to aim for. We don't have anyone to play on the last man and bully their defence. Hopefully, Sneddon is back soon.ย 

4 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

It will do but they both missed spells last season too. Need someone in to deputise for Snedden as Andrew isnโ€™t the answer

The two of them offer something different that defences donโ€™t like. Sneddon niggles away and Doherty is very awkward to defend against. The extent to which they miss games through injury might be the difference between winning the league or not this season.

Heaver is a very good player but as someone else has said his best position is not as the main striker.

Early days but not convinced many of the new signings have strengthened things. Hope I am wrong.ย 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

So, what are you saying? Linlithgow mangement team are-nay bothered as it was just Musselburgh that beat them today?ย 

Think Linlithgow were firm favs for the league but one draw and one loss in 1st 3 matches isnโ€™t stating the case very well.ย 

At what point did I say anything like the Linlithgow mangement (sic) team are not bothered? Don't put words in my mouth.ย 

What am I saying? The Rose are a scalp to take, beating us means more than beating most other teams in the league, it's all just three points but beating the Rose means more.ย 

You think Linlithgow were firm favourites? We'll take your word for it that you can think at all, but I don't think anyone had the Rose as firm favourites, we would be expected to be in the mix certainly, but firm favourites? Never heard anyone talking like that.ย 

Need Docherty and Sneddon back ASAP.

Skinner looks fantastic and Cunnigham looks decent as does Webb.ย  ย Andrew looks out his depth and the midfielder Davison looks poor.

What's wrong with Jamie Allan.

17 minutes ago, Zenith said:

ย 

You think Linlithgow were firm favourites? We'll take your word for it that you can think at all, but I don't think anyone had the Rose as firm favourites, we would be expected to be in the mix certainly, but firm favourites? Never heard anyone talking like that.ย 

Would say the opposite. Couple of podcasts that talk lower leagues had Linlithgow as favourites based on how you finished last season with the cup double and with some of the business.ย 

One of my mates who goes to the Rose games was saying similar on how strong they would be.ย 

10 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Need Docherty and Sneddon back ASAP.

Skinner looks fantastic and Cunnigham looks decent as does Webb.ย  ย Andrew looks out his depth and the midfielder Davison looks poor.

What's wrong with Jamie Allan.

andrew out his depth sounds likes the perfect forward player needed to win the league from what we had next year

10 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Skinner looks fantastic.......

I thought he was excellent at the BU's.ย  Reads the game well, doesn't get flustered, a clean tackler and can execute a forward pass.ย  ย 

Fully expected him to be a hit at the Rose.

33 minutes ago, Zenith said:

At what point did I say anything like the Linlithgow mangement (sic) team are not bothered? Don't put words in my mouth.ย 

What am I saying? The Rose are a scalp to take, beating us means more than beating most other teams in the league, it's all just three points but beating the Rose means more.ย 

Hahaha. Once again, just shows the arrogance of Linlithgow Rose Supporters ( well at least one - incase I dare suggest I put words into your mouth again).ย 

Last year when the new management team were in place, Linlithgow went on a great unbeaten run which caught themselves up with Penicuik and Tranent. At that point lots of fans were thinking that they would go on and win the league. But then the form dipped and at same time Tranent finished on a great run of form to take title. But having won two cups, lots of fans, perhaps you excluded thought Linlithgow would be the team to beat this season - hence my earlier message.ย 

Regarding โ€˜scalpsโ€™, apart from last seasonโ€™s 6-0 gubbing by your club at Olivebank, when we were in free fall at the time, the most recent results were close, mostly draws, apart from the time the Rose committee spat their dummy out and sacked your manager when we put 6 passed your team 3-4 seasons ago. No one to my knowledge these days think Linlithgow as โ€˜a scalpโ€™ to take. Linlithgow for the past 6 years or so are just another team to most, albeitย I did think you were gavourites to win the league this season. Not any more...ย