Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

12 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Out of interest, where do you see the fine tuning?

Good luck next season, by the way.

I haven't watched you every week of course, but closing out games or keeping clean sheets seemed to be a factor a lot in the season just gone? Could well be down to injuries or suspensions etc. As I say, I wouldn't know.

On 05/06/2022 at 16:35, FuzzyBear said:

Not sure about first pen but other 2 were stonewallers. First half we were poor but 2nd was superb. Won every tackle and every 2nd ball. Doc was fantastic 2nd half. Deserved win against a team of hammer throwers.

I don't know why the Linlithgow defender wasn't sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity at Tranent's 2nd penalty. There was no attempt to play the ball to merit just a yellow card.

On 06/06/2022 at 18:18, Footballfirst said:

I don't know why the Linlithgow defender wasn't sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity at Tranent's 2nd penalty. There was no attempt to play the ball to merit just a yellow card.

Not the rules anymore. From the start of season  a team can only be penalised once for any given offence. In this case a penalty.

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

Not the rules anymore. From the start of season  a team can only be penalised once for any given offence. In this case a penalty.

Is that not only the case if the defender makes an "attempt" to get the ball which Cammy clearly didn't.

7 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Is that not only the case if the defender makes an "attempt" to get the ball which Cammy clearly didn't.

There's only two options, either:

the ref thought it was DOGSO and was therefore incorrect in law by only giving a YC, or:

the ref didn't think it was DOGSO (a matter of opinion) and therefore was correct in law by only giving a YC. 

Despite not being in control of the ball I would say it probably was DOGSO, so it should've been a RC.

Edited by Ginaro

the ref thought it was DOGSO and was therefore incorrect in law by only giving a YC, or:
the ref didn't think it was DOGSO (a matter of opinion) and therefore was correct in law by only giving a YC. 
Despite not being in control of the ball I would say it probably was DOGSO, so it should've been a RC.

You’ve probably nailed it with the last bit. If you aren’t in control of the ball it’s not a DOGSO.

At the second penalty, I thought the defender was attempting to get to the ball, but in doing so, collided / impeded the forward. Therefore, yellow card. 

The first penalty was much the same, the goalkeeper was attempting to get the ball, but impeded the forward - yellow card.

Both scenarios were much the same, in my opinion.

At the Linlithgow penalty, the Tranent centre half impeded Gary and as far as I could see, no yellow card, was this the case? If so,  did the ref think the centre half went for the ball, which is questionable, as the corner had just been taken.

On 10/06/2022 at 23:27, Ginaro said:

The partial removal of ‘double jeopardy’ completely changed things, so you are wrong. Inside the box, a penalty is given and if it was a genuine attempt to play the ball, then it’s only a yellow, even if it was DOGSO. Only if it was not a genuine attempt to play the ball is it still a DOGSO red. So for instance push, pull etc.. Any DOGSO where a penalty doesn’t result (so foul outside the box) is still a red, regardless of whether a genuine attempt or not.

1 hour ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

The partial removal of ‘double jeopardy’ completely changed things, so you are wrong. Inside the box, a penalty is given and if it was a genuine attempt to play the ball, then it’s only a yellow, even if it was DOGSO. Only if it was not a genuine attempt to play the ball is it still a DOGSO red. So for instance push, pull etc.. Any DOGSO where a penalty doesn’t result (so foul outside the box) is still a red, regardless of whether a genuine attempt or not.

If you'd watched the video you would know it was a push and I am correct.

On 11/06/2022 at 21:33, justinjest said:

At the second penalty, I thought the defender was attempting to get to the ball, but in doing so, collided / impeded the forward. Therefore, yellow card. 

Both scenarios were much the same, in my opinion.

At the Linlithgow penalty, the Tranent centre half impeded Gary and as far as I could see, no yellow card, was this the case? If so,  did the ref think the centre half went for the ball, which is questionable, as the corner had just been taken.

You should probably rewatch the second penalty then get your eyes checked if you still think that was an attempt to get the ball.

The Linlithgow penalty was not denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity so none of the previous discussion applies, no sanction required.

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

You should probably rewatch the second penalty then get your eyes checked if you still think that was an attempt to get the ball.

The Linlithgow penalty was not denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity so none of the previous discussion applies, no sanction required.

Well that clears that up then. Sorry for having a different view to you.

Defender is watching the ball as it's crossed, his eyes are on the ball, not the forward, but that's just my opinion.

A cross heading to the centre half, who has a chance of getting a header goalwards, is a potential goalscoring chance, but once again, just my opinion.

11 hours ago, Andydoc said:

Well that clears that up then. Sorry for having a different view to you.

Defender is watching the ball as it's crossed, his eyes are on the ball, not the forward, but that's just my opinion.

A cross heading to the centre half, who has a chance of getting a header goalwards, is a potential goalscoring chance, but once again, just my opinion.

Doesn't matter where the defender is looking, it is a a push from behind so not an attempt to play the ball - the laws of the game say: the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

DOGSO is an denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity not just a potential one, so that cross for the Rose penalty is certainly not DOGSO.

On 13/06/2022 at 22:59, Ginaro said:

You’re right, I haven’t watched the vid. Your 2 options therefore needed a 3rd - the ref considered it was DOGSO, but that the challenge was genuine and so yellow carded.
Albeit if it it was a push, that would probably be wrong!