Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Alan Docherty and Sean Heaver deserved their goals for their efforts but let's not forget what a monumental part Lewis McMinn played in keeping Gala out when they were on top. It's a great feeling to see silverware again.

Let's hope the champagne is needed again next Sunday.

16 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Not a chance he’s going to Cowdenbeath. They’ll be in the EoS before too long.

Big chance for us next season and I’d hope we’ll hold our top players and add.

Rumour today he’s going to Darvel 

On 25/05/2022 at 07:38, bobbydazzler said:

Was stood talking to a scout from Cowdenbeath last night, his eyes where on Stowe he was telling me and the folk around him

I'm no expert on scouting, but

1. I'd have thought discretion was a big part of the job, so mouthing off to random fans on the terrace was unlikely, and

2 As a Cowden official, wouldn't he have been enjoying the home team's hospitality rather than standing next to bobbydazzler?

On 29/05/2022 at 18:34, Shanner said:

Linlithgow were deserved winners but that looked an absolute banged to rights penalty when your keeper seemed to bring down the attacker at 1-1. 

I normally just post match highlights and keep quiet. 🙂

But I'll make an exception to say it was a great stop from Bobo and never a pen in a million years. Highlights above if you'd like to watch it again, sir.

On 29/05/2022 at 18:36, Stag Nation said:

I'm no expert on scouting, but

1. I'd have thought discretion was a big part of the job, so mouthing off to random fans on the terrace was unlikely, and

2 As a Cowden official, wouldn't he have been enjoying the home team's hospitality rather than standing next to bobbydazzler?

hi mate, not sure you are aware but Cowdenbeath are hardly the most professional club and the scouts that go to local lower league games are usually volunteers not big swanky men enjoying the hospitality

9 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

I normally just post match highlights and keep quiet. 🙂

But I'll make an exception to say it was a great stop from Bobo and never a pen in a million years. Highlights above if you'd like to watch it again, sir.

Cheers, actually I agree. 

It looked a stonewaller from my angle at the game but you had a better view. 

Talking of penalties, three in the first half today.  I'll have to see the video to decide on each of them - I had Arsene Wenger's view of them all. 

Great spirit in the team today to come back from 2 down to win 3-2. Alan Docherty's perseverence to win the ball to score the second typified the spirit of the whole team. They seem to have recaptured that winning attitude which disappeared for a vital handful of games after the amazing winning run. Looks good for next season if we keep this squad together.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all three of the recent matches against Tranent even if we threw away leads in the other two. They were all great competitive matches. Having said that, I'm glad Tranent got promotion so we won't be up against them next season for the league 

Not sure about first pen but other 2 were stonewallers. First half we were poor but 2nd was superb. Won every tackle and every 2nd ball. Doc was fantastic 2nd half. Deserved win against a team of hammer throwers.

Tranent fast out the traps in a complete reverse of previous games.   At 2-0 was fearing the worst, a penalty from Stowe brought us back into the game.

2nd half Tranent had no answer to Linlithgow who won every challenge and chased every ball.  Docherty at times was unplayable.

For me McKenzie at times looked exposed at Right Back, but to his credit his head never dropped and he just worked harder to put in another good shift.

Today our young team came of age and in the end deserved winners. 

5 hours ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Talking of penalties, three in the first half today.  I'll have to see the video to decide on each of them - I had Arsene Wenger's view of them all. 

Great spirit in the team today to come back from 2 down to win 3-2. Alan Docherty's perseverence to win the ball to score the second typified the spirit of the whole team. They seem to have recaptured that winning attitude which disappeared for a vital handful of games after the amazing winning run. Looks good for next season if we keep this squad together.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all three of the recent matches against Tranent even if we threw away leads in the other two. They were all great competitive matches. Having said that, I'm glad Tranent got promotion so we won't be up against them next season for the league 

Linlithgow were the best footballing side we came up against in the league this year for me. With a bit of fine tuning here and there, I'd fancy you for the title next season. Congrats today.

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

Linlithgow were the best footballing side we came up against in the league this year for me. With a bit of fine tuning here and there, I'd fancy you for the title next season. Congrats today.

Out of interest, where do you see the fine tuning?

Good luck next season, by the way.