Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

For the 4th time in 5 or 6 league games the Rose throw away a 2 goal lead.

Decent game in front of a good crowd. At 3-1 the Rose were the better team and should have made it 4 but Tranent came back well and deserved a draw and but for a superb save at the end could have won it.

Not sure what happened behind the away dug out just before half time but game held up for a couple of mins and looked like a few handbags were thrown about.

Another thoroughly entertaining end to end match and a draw was a fair result but what is the cause of the Rose throwing away 2 goal leads? Is it physical or mental? That's at least 3 times recently.

Edited by th1stleandr0se

3-3 v Tranent, enjoyed that one. Couldn't see that happening when it was 3-1 tbh. Didn't see them posing a threat until bringing the subs on, gave them a bit more life going forward. Thought Rose had defended the high ball well until late on, be disappointed to concede those two goals. Decent stuff with a good crowd there it seemed. 

Regarding the benches, began with just 1 so called Rose fan's non stop abuse toward the Tranent bench - think the bloke was led away or taken outside. This was at 2-1 mainly. Just enjoy the game for Christ sake, all the committee people acted swiftly,well done.

Calling all Linlithgow Rose fans - Gordon and his management team have selected the shortlist for the Gallant Goal of the Season – but who wins it is up to you! Watch the video below to relive the Rose’s most magical moments of this campaign, then comment on the YouTube post, or the similar posts on the Rose's Twitter and Facebook feeds, with the corresponding letter of your favourite by 13 May. The winner will be announced next Saturday!

7 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Was stood talking to a scout from Cowdenbeath last night, his eyes where on Stowe he was telling me and the folk around him

Stowe to Cowdenbeath, that would be a shock as I thought his career was on the up...!!!  

I thought last night started like a typical end of season fixture, thankfully it warmed up.

Heaver, Thomson and Allison were the pick for me.  With probably Heaver my MoM for his non stop efforts.

It was also good to see both sides with a good number of kids supporting their local sides.  With an excellent 20 aside match on the hill at half time. 

Not so sure about their singing though 🤣🤣 maybe we should buy them a drum..!!

End result was about right and another final to look forward to.

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Heaver, Thomson and Allison were the pick for me.  With probably Heaver my MoM for his non stop efforts.

Agree with Heaver and Thomson and would add Allan and Docherty as guys who put in a real shift but effort isn't everything so thanks to Stowe for yet another important goal. 

12 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

Was stood talking to a scout from Cowdenbeath last night, his eyes where on Stowe he was telling me and the folk around him

Hope Camelon have a sell-on clause 🤣

Will we ever know! 

Edited by razamanaz