Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

You can't deny Tranent their draw tonight although a last minute penalty is a bit of a sickener. What I'd like to know about our first goal though is....

If you're rounding the keeper and get brought down for a penalty, surely it's a red card? A game changer.

Edited by th1stleandr0se

15 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

You can't deny Tranent their draw tonight although a last minute penalty is a bit of a sickener. What I'd like to know about our first goal though is....

If you're rounding the keeper and get brought down for a penalty, surely it's a red card? A game changer.

I'm sure the rule is something around not penalising the player twice penalty / sending off.  However my limited understanding thinks he should have still been booked?

Overall a draw was a fair result. Albeit a bitter pill from 2-0 up.

That said I thought the ref spoiled the game with blowing for a foul for every bit of contact and not allowing it to flow.  

10 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

was a cheap foul to give away for free kick and ball shouldve been lumped forward before Tranent got the penalty too. avoidable

Very true.

Herd in his after match interview said similar.  A young team learning the hard way.

I think over the season has shown there is very little between Tranent / Penicuik / Linlithgow.

I'd like to add my tuppence worth to the Tranent v Linlithgow game. 

Firstly to commend Linlithgow on a very good performance, with some excellent players. 

Tranent , unsurprisingly due to a depleted squad and players playing with injury didn't okay as well as they can but dug deep for a deserved draw. 

The home bench running into the away technical area was embarrassing and there is no justification .

The young  ( very ) lads following the goalie at FT requires a strict warning from the TJ's committee. 

The referee had more card tricks than Paul Daniels ! I genuinely lost count of the bookings and the incessant blowing for perceived fouls . He almost ruined the game. 

With regards to the celebrations, any team getting a late penalty to rescue a point would celebrate, throw in the league title being in their grasp and the news that Penicuick had drawn , then it is perfectly justified for the players. 

The return at Linlithgow will be interesting, the Rose manager is wanting the celebrations to used as motivation. The TJ Manager should have a full squad of fit players ( almost ) so a cracker of a game with hopefully a big crowd. 

Guest Stevie 1969

Controlled and confident win for rose 🌹 this afternoon, could easily have been 5 or 6 on another day.. Well done lads ⚽👏

2 minutes ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Controlled and confident win for rose 🌹 this afternoon, could easily have been 5 or 6 on another day.. Well done lads ⚽👏

Doc and Heaver ran the show and it could have been more but for a keeper mistake that led to red card. Thought LTHV looked tidy in possession without creating too many chances.