Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

You surely arenae a Linlithgow supporter? 

Granted, with the 6 matches remaining, it will be a tall order for The Rose to win the league. But they surely still have a chance. Two matches against Tranent and one against Penicuik - the only 2 other teams that can win league apart from Linlithgow. Win all three and who knows... 

I was talking with a Premier league player today and he said Linlithgow were clearly the best team his side had playEd against this season. 

A Lithgy supporting friend of mine feels there may be an element of “lulled into a false sense of security” as the majority of the long unbeaten run was fixtures against sides Lithgy would be expected to beat, albeit they won most much more convincingly than many expected.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Rose were on a great run but that's a few bad results recently.

What's the cause of this dip in form ? Poor defending, tactics or injuries ?

After Inverkeithing, we have started to make wholesale changes every week.

John Millar stated today changes aren't the issue and he has confidence in the squad. Whilst I appreciate that view.

Surely if you have confidence you don't need 5 changes every week.  You should start with your strongest available and if needed use your subs to change or freshen.

We have not become a bad team, we have however lost our mojo.

Every confidence we can still salvage something from the season.

A Lithgy supporting friend of mine feels there may be an element of “lulled into a false sense of security” as the majority of the long unbeaten run was fixtures against sides Lithgy would be expected to beat, albeit they won most much more convincingly than many expected.

I think there is an element of that but we did take out Spartans, Penicuik and the Shire in the cups, good wins at home to Jeanfield and away to Broxburn and Musselburgh.

I think it’s mainly due to having not quite the squad to plough on all fronts and losing Docherty to injury has been the biggest turning point. Stowe is a much better player when he is playing.

That and 21 wins in a row is phenomenal, that got us back in the race but very hard to keep that going at that pace all season.

Still think we have it in us to grab silverware but needing a couple slip ups again from Tranent and Penicuik isn’t great with our run in for the league.

Easy to forget we were 10 points a drift without a prayer!

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I'm not having that. As mentioned above we beat Spartans and the Shire in the cups also thumping Penicuik 5-0. The only team we didn't face on that run was really Tranent. 

We're on a bad run and that is disappointing, especially when a couple of wins would have us comfortably at the top of the league. Still games to go so we'll see what happens. 

To be in the position we are after the start to the season we had is astonishing. Playing for draws against the same teams your Lithgy supporting pal would have said we would be expected to beat. 

On 26/03/2022 at 18:19, Findla22 said:

That today is embarrassing! For me it’s now a two horse race!

I think more mistakes will come over the next 6 weeks... hopefully we can correct ours and others slip up, the key thing is we need to get back on the horse with a win.

20 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

Last night's results didn't help in slightest.  Looks like the 13 point deficit inherited from Ferguson was too much after all.

Still a chance of a couple of cups mind you.

Still well in. If - I know I know - the Rose beat Tranent twice and Penicuik we will be in a very good position.

Bit negative?

Aside from your head-to-head Penicuik are still to play Broxburn, Sauchie, an admittedly faltering Musselburgh as well as Dundonald who are getting sucked into the relegation fight and lowly Camelon.

Aside from your pair of head-to-heads Tranent have still to play Inverkeithing, Jeanfield as well as derby with Dunbar who are fighting for their lives and lowly Camelon.

Relegation battlers, top 6ers and form teams aren't gimmes.

All it needs is for Penicuik to draw 1 game and the title is in your own hands; draw 2 and you could afford drawing either head-to-head with Tranent if they drew 1 other.

(Your other games are Jeanfield, Sauchie as well as a derby with Blackburn who are fighting for their lives).

Edited by HibeeJibee

This is a really strong league. Every team can win on their day so there’s still plenty to play for!

Obviously I’d like to go up but for me the EOS Premier right now is a better competition than the LL. We’ll look fondly on this set up once the trapdoor is eventually sorted out. Feels like the old Johnny Walker league at the minute.

Hail the Gallant!

Guest Stevie 1969
26 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

This is a really strong league. Every team can win on their day so there’s still plenty to play for!

Obviously I’d like to go up but for me the EOS Premier right now is a better competition than the LL. We’ll look fondly on this set up once the trapdoor is eventually sorted out. Feels like the old Johnny Walker league at the minute.

Hail the Gallant!

This is absolutely true, in my opinion the LL league isn't as competitive on a weekly basis. Would rather watch linlithgow in EOS for another season and see where they are then. In saying that I wouldn't say no to league this year if boys go on to achieve that. All to play for, starts today with a win against Sauchie. 

Guest Stevie 1969

Big win for linlithgow this afternoon, looked very comfortable for biggest part of the 90mins, once again all about the referee, hardly a bad tackle in game and he books 8 or 9 players. Looks like league us up for grabs once again.