Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

It would be easy to focus on the most inept ref I've seen in  long time.

But that would be unfair to forget the actions of Thom and Baur who sold their team mates down the river.

Thom for being suckered into a red and Baur for his expletives at the Ref.

Fair play to Sauchie they constantly conned throughout to their advantage.

With all that it was easy to forget a spirited performance of the 9 man Rose.  With Riley being an absolute standout.

Yet another 5 changes to our starting 11 saw a slow start as our players settled  into the game.

Unfortunately as we started to play Thom / Baur ruined it.

Congratulations to Sauchie, sometimes the dark arts does reap rewards.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Did like the comment on Rose fans FB page where someone didn't think Thom should have been sent off for elbowing an opponent in the head as it was so close to half time 😂

Interesting, suggestion was Thom barged his opponent in passing - followed by an exaggerated collapse from the Sauchie player.

Can't argue either way as didn't see the incident.

Thom again has cost the club dear with his actions in a big game.

Baur's actions beyond stupid.

For me the question is why again we are changing 5 players for every game - we should always start with our strongest 11.

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Interesting, suggestion was Thom barged his opponent in passing - followed by an exaggerated collapse from the Sauchie player.

For me the question is why again we are changing 5 players for every game - we should always start with our strongest 11.

I didnt see it but was told by an ex Rose player that it was a flying elbow and stone wall red card.

You slated the performance at Hill of Beath and then query why we made changes. How many of those dropped had injuries ?

Squads win trophies.

Last night we had four fit outfield subs which shows that players get stretched this part of the season especially our front players at tempo.

McMinn for me is really struggling and as much as it’s nice to see him get a run I think he should be moved on. Decent save last night but the missed catch in the top c and the third goal pretty much sun up what I’ve seen of him this season. Totally lacking confidence and needs to drop a level and start enjoying it again. That will translate to the defence and we leak goals especially when Shaw isn’t in there.

Apologies for missing both red card incidents - I didn’t even realise Baur had been sent off until he didn’t come back on for the second half - but highlights here:

Not often I’ll comment but, regarding the changes to the team last night, players were cup-tied so some changes had to be made in any case.

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

I didnt see it but was told by an ex Rose player that it was a flying elbow and stone wall red card.

You slated the performance at Hill of Beath and then query why we made changes. How many of those dropped had injuries ?

No I didn't slate the performance at HoB.  We're you even there?

My point on rotation has been consistently one of not being a fan.  I would prefer where possibly to watch our strongest 11 start, with the use of subs.

In recent games we have been slow getting into any rhythm - again last night Sauchie started stronger and we grew into the game.

16 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

No I didn't slate the performance at HoB.  We're you even there?

My point on rotation has been consistently one of not being a fan.  I would prefer where possibly to watch our strongest 11 start, with the use of subs.

In recent games we have been slow getting into any rhythm - again last night Sauchie started stronger and we grew into the game.

We're does not make sense in that context. I didn't need to be there to know you said the following;

You said we didn't match their endeavour.

You said we didn't compete well enough.

You said we lost to (sic) many battles.

If that was the case then surely the manager should have made changes. 

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Injuries and cup-tied?

1 hour ago, Findla22 said:

That today is embarrassing! For me it’s now a two horse race!

You surely arenae a Linlithgow supporter? 

Granted, with the 6 matches remaining, it will be a tall order for The Rose to win the league. But they surely still have a chance. Two matches against Tranent and one against Penicuik - the only 2 other teams that can win league apart from Linlithgow. Win all three and who knows... 

I was talking with a Premier league player today and he said Linlithgow were clearly the best team his side had playEd against this season. 

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

You surely arenae a Linlithgow supporter? 

Granted, with the 6 matches remaining, it will be a tall order for The Rose to win the league. But they surely still have a chance. Two matches against Tranent and one against Penicuik - the only 2 other teams that can win league apart from Linlithgow. Win all three and who knows... 

I was talking with a Premier league player today and he said Linlithgow were clearly the best team his side had playEd against this season. 

It’s just my opinion! They are not the best defensively and will drop more points!

I wouldn’t write anyone of the top 3 off at the moment.  Sure Lithgae have the hardest run in.  But results are always strange at this time of year.  When Lithgae were chasing there was little pressure now it’s different.  All three contenders will be feeling it.

Personally I think Tranent are the best, but they were more edgy and not as free flowing against Broxburn at Tranent than when they blew them away earlier in the season.

Still all to play for!