Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

Finished 5-1 with Sneddon adding another couple after coming on as a sub.

Rose started slowly on another plastic pitch, never my favourite surface to watch a game.

However once they caught the pace and bounce we produced some excellent football, with Thomson again an absolute pleasure to watch.

Also thought the Ref was excellent and let the game flow and spoke to players rather than just dishing out bookings.

Good to see us back to some form, which dipped slightly in recent games.

7 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Marty Lawrie left. Decent enough but need Cammy Thomson playing as often as possible.

I liked Lawrie. Did the basics well - fully understand why he is moving on though - tough shift to get game time ahead of Cammy who is at least an 8/10 every game. 

23 hours ago, Black Dug said:

I liked Lawrie. Did the basics well - fully understand why he is moving on though - tough shift to get game time ahead of Cammy who is at least an 8/10 every game. 

8/10 I can't believe you have marked him down....!!!!

Was tempted to Red Dot you 🤣🤣

On 16/03/2022 at 22:01, Black Dug said:

Could have played both.with cammy further up the park.

Thought the Haws were worth their win tonight.

The officials didn’t have their best night but the front two gave our defence a torrid time until 2 up. Thought it was a miss not having big Dan in there for the Ariel battle.

We created 4 or 5 great chances and the Haws keeper was different class. At least two of those saves were match winners. Shout out to Sneddon who I thought played really well against a tough defence.

The two on the left gave the heavy boot treatment and it worked. We never controlled possession and it was hump up the park after hump up the park. The only bit of football we played resulted in the goal.

Fair play to HOB, you’ll stay up playing like that. Dare I say it you should be nowhere near where you are on that performance.

We push on though, a long way to go with games coming thick and fast.

Hail the Gallant!

Deepest darkest Fife, again left with nothing.

We didn't compete well enough in midfield and lost to many battles.  Sometimes you need match fire with fire.

3-1 no real complaints we just didn't get going tonight.

Not sure I agreed with our starting 11, with another rotation of the squad.  I'm a great one for consistency, especially when playing well.

Winning the league looks unlikely.

14 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Deepest darkest Fife, again left with nothing.

We didn't compete well enough in midfield and lost to many battles.  Sometimes you need match fire with fire.

3-1 no real complaints we just didn't get going tonight.

Not sure I agreed with our starting 11, with another rotation of the squad.  I'm a great one for consistency, especially when playing well.

Winning the league looks unlikely.

Seriously? You're only 1pt off top, best GD, with 7 games left including 3 against your fellow contenders!

Having seen all 3 competitors yesterday I felt there actually wasn't that much between any of them performance-wise: certainly Penicuik and Linlithgow (as Tranent did look sharper upfront).

Hill of Beath were excellent - really on their game.

Seriously? You're only 1pt off top, best GD, with 7 games left including 3 against your fellow contenders!

Having seen all 3 competitors yesterday I felt there actually wasn't that much between any of them performance-wise: certainly Penicuik and Linlithgow (as Tranent did look sharper upfront).

Agree with this. We have by far the hardest run in though. Includes the rest of the top 4 away from Home and Tranent at home. If we click back into gear we still might but I can’t see Penicuik dropping many points especially. They have been grinding wins for a while.

Still go for it though, 7/8 games to go with games twice a week so there’s always a chance.

3 cups to play for too so plenty to go for!

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Your last sentence is key, yes HoB we're excellent. 

We  didn't match enoough the endeavour shown by HoB - it's games like last night where Championships are won and lost.  By winning ugly