Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

A great 2nd half performance from the Rose.

The strike from Docherty was worth the admission on its own.

Only low point was the bottle thrown at the Rose players after the Stowe penalty.  Thankfully it wasn't a glass one.  A head gone moment from a silly laddie.

Looks like the game tonight won't be far off a sell out. Just out of interest, what's the avg gate at Broxburn?
Looked like a very big crowd last night. At least single deep all around the perimeter and the enclosure looked quite busy also.

Be interesting to know what attendance was reported?

Good win and decent performance overall. Pitch was not conducive to glamour football with the extreme bounce and skid from the greasy surface but at least there wasn't the usual force 9 gale blowing down the pitch. That said there were passages of play from both teams which looked quick, slick and dangerous but too often players seemed to be waiting for the ball to come down from the bounce or not committing to control it for fear it would bounce over them. I thought Broxburn pressed and closed down well but that's maybe local knowledge of the surface and difficulty to kill the ball.

The "incident" looked like silly laddies Auld Heid - probably young enough to think it's funny but old enough to know better - who gave out stick to the rose players but didn't like it when it was returned. Don't think they would cause any bother but perhaps just need to be checked in line.

Overall, enjoyable watch played by two teams who were going for it.

11 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

A great 2nd half performance from the Rose.

The strike from Docherty was worth the admission on its own.

Only low point was the bottle thrown at the Rose players after the Stowe penalty.  Thankfully it wasn't a glass one.  A head gone moment from a silly laddie.

Maybe the player should of celebrated with Linlithgow fans instead of Broxburn fans?

Great win last night, not at our best but dug in and fought.

Some goal from Docherty.  16 wins in a row is some going.

Sets us up nicely for going into the new year.   We have momentum and the new management have eradicated the damage done under Ferguson.  Let's hope it continues.

21 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The player in question has previous for this. 

I remember we had a player andy mcgown sent off in a junior Cup semi final for gesturing to fans

Would that be the same player who's mother and girlfriend. We're taking dogs abuse of some camelon supporters the last time we were up there ?

3 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Would that be the same player who's mother and girlfriend. We're taking dogs abuse of some camelon supporters the last time we were up there ?

that was swept under the carpet, the normal practice for the furlough fraudsters when challenged

9 hours ago, albynpark said:

Maybe the player should of celebrated with Linlithgow fans instead of Broxburn fans?

Irrespective of where the celebration took place, there is still no excuse for such a response.

But don't want to dwell upon this incident in what was an excellent night's entertainment.

2 hours ago, The Hologram said:

that was swept under the carpet, the normal practice for the furlough fraudsters when challenged

You mean like when at linlithgow a few seasons back complained about our fans swearing but when linlithgow fans did it was swept under the carpet. We must have bee  at lithgae for training

On 30/12/2021 at 16:17, central staggie said:

Looks like the game tonight won't be far off a sell out. Just out of interest, what's the avg gate at Broxburn?

Before the Linlithgow match the Ave crowd for Broxburn’s home League matches was 172. If 500 attended last night, Ave would go up to 202. 

Was at the game last night, standing in the shed. Female Broxburn supporter, standing behind us was talking to her friends, we overhead her saying to that she was enjoying the game, bu to seriously unhappy about recent game against Camelon due to the swearing / abuse of the Camelon supporters. Claimed she was disgusted by their behaviour and reassured about attending junior football by the good behaviour of the Linlithgow fans. My wife engaged her in conversation because my boys had played for Camelon the previous season, but she was adamant that the Camelon game was the worst  she had experienced following Broxburn.

Edited by Andydoc
Spelling

1 hour ago, Andydoc said:

Was at the game last night, standing in the shed. Female Broxburn supporter, standing behind us was talking to her friends, we overhead her saying to that she was enjoying the game, bu to seriously unhappy about recent game against Camelon due to the swearing / abuse of the Camelon supporters. Claimed she was disgusted by their behaviour and reassured about attending junior football by the good behaviour of the Linlithgow fans. My wife engaged her in conversation because my boys had played for Camelon the previous season, but she was adamant that the Camelon game was the worst  she had experienced following Broxburn.

Worst I have dealt with is the rose fans for their absolute ignorance and behaviour at games. They think they are obliged to get everything. From what I saw of broxburn fans at camelon when they scored their winner their was plenty of abuse from those standing behind the goals to someone at the corner. Imagine going to a football game and hearing swearing.

Best club to visit carmuirs and to go too has quite easily been dunbar. Fantastic club nice people. Other notable being Preston Athletic, Musselburgh and hill of beath.

Linlithgow have never been good to deal with. Always someone looking for.an argument because they don't get their way.

Edit by the way before people say it was me.at the Broxburn game I was very quiet that game as it was a guy I know well who was reffing that day from linlithgow. But their did seem.to be a bit of a dispute with Broxburn fans gesturing when they won down in the corner 

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

8 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

What's too assume he's on video running over to opposition fans same as he did at camelon

If you can't cope with an opposition player celebrating in front of you then you should not be at the game in the first place.